engine chokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine chokes

I have a weird problem. when i take a hard right turn, the car chokes and and almost dies. It only happens with right turns. I changed spark plugs, dizzy, wires checked all the ignition is working, tried changing fuel pumps but problem still here. Does any one experienced that before.

Again, it only happens with hard right turns.

Thanks

there was a problem like this couple months ago... can't remember what the solution was... ill try and search

here:

Last edited by jamaican; 10-08-2006, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Fill up your gas tank. Our cars when the fuel is low will do this.
      BP-05 Turbo-Sold
      2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Mine does this when Im low on gas also! Especially on a 1/4 tank. It will run fine straight but you hit a off ramp with a turn you better be light on the gas cause she will sputter.
        Ive herd of modding the tank, but I dont want to mess with the tank, so Im switchin to a fuel cell soon.
        Also pull your fuel pump and clean the screens if they are clogged, and change your fuel filter. This wont solve the problem but it might help.
        1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

I guess i never noticed it before. I'll leave as is, just take it easy on right turns. Tahks Jamaican for the links, took a look at it but my pump is different, old style BP02 so the mod doesn't apply.

Comment

Working...
          X