a good story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a good story

So this morning i wake up as everymorning. walk out into the garage look at my baby and then look at the motor and tranny sitting there waiting to go in but i need the wifes greenlight. So i go back inside sit there watching tv. the wife wakes up around 7 and tells me because i have such bad rod knock in my current engine to go ahead and put in the new one. off i go. like a mad man. engine is now in the car done the break-in runs. i will take it easy for the next thousand miles. then ill let yall know how it really runs. early indications are awesome tho.

btw the engine is a flyingmiata stroker bp 11:1 compression fully ported and polished head and intake mani. gude cams the crank was lightened balanced and knife edged. entire assembly was balanced. everything possible was coated with a teflon ceramic. clutchmasters lightwieght flywheel and stage 3 clutch kia tranny and axles with msp diff.
    mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

pics? oh wait....you dont have a camera.
    ClubProtege

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie94Pro
      pics? oh wait....you dont have a camera.
      Haha, this thread would be so much cooler if we could see it.

Glad to hear you got it in and running Mark.

Comment

if a beast of an engine was just sitiing in the garage waiting for instal i wouldnt be able to hear the wife say go or no go cause i'd have grease in my ears

when you going to dyno it?
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

so in one morning you did an engine swap? damn, i thought a swap took about 2 days

Comment

specs on Gude cam?
            stock crank?
            Teflon coating? not thermal and dry film?

Comment

once i get about 2000 miles on it i will dyno it. honestly sad part is i dont know the specs on the gude cams i never asked them just got a good deal on them so.... hopefully it will be good for well over 200 whp but who knows we will see right?
              mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

jamacain. it was one a complete engine and transmission. and second of all. i have a lift at my house and have been doing this a long time. 1 day is reasonable.

Comment

just wondering b/c Gude is by me and they aren't big in cam grinds like they used to be.
                  How'd they add more lift? Weld the lobes? Or shrink the basecircle and use shims?

Stock crank on a FM stroker kit? No Moldex crank?

Teflon coating? not DFL?

I'd like to see pics b/c my BS meter is twitching.

Comment

if you can get a motor like that you can spare $50 for an ebay digicam

Comment

yes i can spare money for the camera. however i have no real reason too other than to come on here and show off. whats the point really. every 50 spent on something that i dont need is 50 that i could put towards my mortgage or my cars.

Comment

I wanna see a dyno sheet!
                        My Vouch Tread:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25276

My myspace:
                        http://www.myspace.com/haitianstreetracer

Comment

yeah, lets see some dyno results

Comment

Pics really wouldn't prove anything unless he took pics of the boxes and the products that came out of them. Will you spend at least 70-90 for a good dyno run? There would be the proof. But then again some ppl will still throw their bs flag up and say it might not be your dyno results unless you scanned the slip. I hope you do dyno it cause I would like too see how much that kit puts out just to see if its worth the 4k.
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by gtx510
                              just wondering b/c Gude is by me and they aren't big in cam grinds like they used to be.
                              How'd they add more lift? Weld the lobes? Or shrink the basecircle and use shims?

Stock crank on a FM stroker kit? No Moldex crank?

Teflon coating? not DFL?

I'd like to see pics b/c my BS meter is twitching.

Comment

Working...
                              X