New Plans!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Plans!!!

As many of you know I was sideswiped by another driver a little over a week ago and my car was considered totalled by the insurance company, but I'm not claiming it as that would cost me more cash. Unfortunately my cars performance has taken a turn for the worse and some issues with the right side(got pushed up onto the curb) and have started noticing more noise and some violent shakes coming from that area under the hood and have determined that it's not worth fixing the mechanical issues with the car and have decided to start a motor swap. At this time I do not have the funds to purchase a motor AND install it, so I am taking the B6D out of my MX-3 and am going to clean it up, install hotter cams, install cam gears, and replace all the seals then it's going in the 323. For those of you that don't know, the B6D is basically a B6T without the turbo, which brings me to my next point, a turbo is now even more feasible since I don't have to purchase a motor and the last time I went to pick and pull they had a turbo capri intact, so I'm hoping I can get lucky and find another one and take the turbo setup off of it(kicking myself for not getting the other one). The cars body is still going to be repaired, but I might do a full repaint of the car myself as I can't afford a professional paint job.

I just wanted to let everybody know what was going on with my car, I haven't been as active on the site since the accident as I'm still upset about it, it also doesn't help that I'm reminded of the damage everyday I get into it thanks to the damage being on the drivers side, but I am more focused on getting my car completed and hope to have everything finished by January, I'll keep you guys updated as much as possible.

Thanks.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

good luck with the new project. theres 2 capri's over in my town with full turbos on them(turbos dont look good though). let me know if you need things. i go to the jy sometimes and maybe one of those times ou may need something for the moter.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by turpro View Post
      good luck with the new project. theres 2 capri's over in my town with full turbos on them(turbos dont look good though). let me know if you need things. i go to the jy sometimes and maybe one of those times ou may need something for the moter.
      Thanks man, I appreciate it and I'll hit you up if I need anything, but before I slap a turbo on it I'm fixing the body and swapping the engine, but if I can gather the funds I'll need then the turbo can happen much sooner.

Thanks again for the offer and help.

Comment

no problem. its getting cold so either your going to have to hurry up or wait till after it starts warming up. lol.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by turpro View Post
          no problem. its getting cold so either your going to have to hurry up or wait till after it starts warming up. lol.
          I have a space heater and a 2 stall garage, oh and the guy that might be helping me out has a full service garage at his disposal, so hopfully I'm golden for the swap and body jobs.

Comment

Sounds like a plan Matt. Don't get discouraged either, one step back, and two steps forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
              Sounds like a plan Matt. Don't get discouraged either, one step back, and two steps forward.
              I'm trying to keep myself motivated, it's hard, but I'll get it all finished and in better condition than it was, in the meantime, I'm gonna find some better car insurance, I'm not happy with the way they've handled any of my claims, they screwed me on my Motorcycle and my other car so I think it might be time to find someone else.

Like I said, I'll keep you guys updated, but I haven't had time to get any pics, I've been a little busy with trying to find parts and of course there's the rest of my life to worry about.

Later

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean...but it's not nearly as bad as actually damaging your car yourself @_@...funny, eh? how when everything you've got planned is coming along fine...when some tragedy like this happens >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuka323 View Post
                  I'm trying to keep myself motivated, it's hard, but I'll get it all finished and in better condition than it was, in the meantime, I'm gonna find some better car insurance, I'm not happy with the way they've handled any of my claims, they screwed me on my Motorcycle and my other car so I think it might be time to find someone else.

Like I said, I'll keep you guys updated, but I haven't had time to get any pics, I've been a little busy with trying to find parts and of course there's the rest of my life to worry about.

Later
                  What auto insurance do you have?

Any updates for us?

Comment

Working...
                  X