Fog lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fog lights

I recently bought some foglights. I'm tring to figure out how to get the cables to my dash. Anyone where I could fit them through to reach the dash??
    94 LX

drill a hole in the firewall is the easiest way.
    mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

There are already some holes in your firewall. I know there is a plug in the firewall on the passenger side that you can put wires through.
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

I run all of my wires through the grommet in the firewall that the wiring harness runs through. It comes through on the passengers floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
          I run all of my wires through the grommet in the firewall that the wiring harness runs through. It comes through on the passengers floor.
          Same here man. Cut it with a knife...feed the wire through...silicone the hole. That's where i ran my underglow wiring back on the ol' EGT.

JACK.
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Ok thanks for the tips guys. Will post picture as soon as I finish.
            94 LX

Comment

Originally posted by TiKi View Post
              Ok thanks for the tips guys. Will post picture as soon as I finish.
              You're welcome.

Good luck.

Comment

Here it is $11.36 shipped from ebay. I also spray tinted the headlights. Sorry for such a low quality pic but thats the best I could do for now.
                Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
                94 LX

Comment

Originally posted by TiKi View Post
                  Here it is $11.36 shipped from ebay. I also spray tinted the headlights. Sorry for such a low quality pic but thats the best I could do for now.
                  Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
                  Interesting, you're a brave man tinting the factory lights, they're already dim enough haha.

Comment

acually the light seems to pass trough the tint pretty well, also the foglights are h3 55 watters and are pretty damn bright. Maybe I'll give some xenon hid lightbulbs for the headlights a try.
                    94 LX

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass View Post
                      Interesting, you're a brave man tinting the factory lights, they're already dim enough haha.
                      Haha, this is true.

Comment

just a little fyi for wire routing, if you do not want to drill holes and keep the install clean and neat, there is a grommet behind the drivers side fender area behind the splash shield just above the fuse box in the left kick panel. remove the left front tire then the inner fender plastic look right and there it is. i used this when i ran my amplifier power cables to the trunk..
                        This is our quest; as the tail lights fade into the distance let it not be the jeers of others that say we can not do what others have, but to let the whistle of the bov the whine of our turbo and the roar of our exhaust announce to those who may say it can not be done that we will not go quietly into the night we will not bow to mainstream but rather blow by them doing mach speed laughing our asses off and giving them the one sure sign( ) so that they will understand their place in life when it comes to doubting a driven individual who owns a Mazda BG with a boosted BP

Comment

im new to the site, but if you use FEOA you'd know me by the same screen name. anyways when i was routing wires for my bass i put it through the hole in the firewall already there (near the gas pedal, dunno what its called).

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_1122 View Post
                            im new to the site, but if you use FEOA you'd know me by the same screen name. anyways when i was routing wires for my bass i put it through the hole in the firewall already there (near the gas pedal, dunno what its called).
                            Welcome to Club Protege.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys . I pulled the wire through the wiring harness boot. I had made a small incision with an Exacto Knife. I taped the wires up to a piece of clothes hanger and pulled it though. Now to figure out where to mount that damn switch.
                              94 LX

Comment

Working...
                              X