Power Windows Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Windows Kits

I was surfing the net and came across a universal power windows kit for the 323/protege. Has anybody tried those kits before? They cost from 124 - 179 bucks,
    the cost variation is depended on how many switches comes with the kit and if like them lit or not.

havent even heard of a universal power kit, that's kinda cool. might be easier to hook up than piecing together an OEM setup because of the wiring.

check it out, its always worth a shot if you have the $ and you're up for something new.

keep us posted.

JACK.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

got a link??

93' 5spd DX
      R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by protegebob View Post
        got a link??
        Heres the link: http://www.slickcar.com/

Comment

Sounds like a cheesy aftermarket way to get power windows.

Comment

Then I also looked on JC Whitney, the units they sell for my car kinda goes into the 300-350 range. These units are universal but vehicle specific and they use the existing mounts. They seem pretty heavy duty and comes with switches.

Comment

Originally posted by Dijadoit View Post
              Then I also looked on JC Whitney, the units they sell for my car kinda goes into the 300-350 range. These units are universal but vehicle specific and they use the existing mounts. They seem pretty heavy duty and comes with switches.
              You never know when it comes to those "universal" things.

It's your call man.

I'm guessing a 323 with power windows would be too hard to find for parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post

It's your call man.

From what I've seen...the only difference between a door of a 323 and protege would be the door panel. The insides are pretty alike.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post

It's your call man.

The chances of finding a 323 with power windows is slim to none, some of the LX models had them.

The 93 25th Anniversary model had the full power package but they are really rare, they also had the 1.8 SOHC engine.

Pat.
                  sigpic

Comment

There's no need to go looking for a 323 with pwr windows. My car has factory pwr windows and everything is from an JDM 323, but the regulators are identical to USDM LX proteges. Lately, I have been experiencing slow moving windows, so I will be ordering new ball bearing bases for my regs.

Comment

I assumed that 323's never came with power windows as an option, that was left to the proteges. I'm looking at those universal power windows kit's that are vehicle specific that comes switches, so I don't have to deal with trying to integrate the proteges factory switches. With universal switches, I can place them where I like them to be for example center console.

Comment

The problem for 323s is the interior trim. You can't find a two button switch for the driver's side in NA. Need to order from Japan or make it custom (what i did). The regulators themselves can be used from a pro.

Like Sube said, only 93 323 25th anniversary edition had power goodies but these are even more rare than the pro GT's.

P.S. These universal rails look like junk, they look weak.
                        Last edited by 323driver; 12-15-2006, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho

It's your call man.

yeah, pretty hard. i think there is about 3 on this site with power windows.

Originally posted by sube View Post
                          The chances of finding a 323 with power windows is slim to none, some of the LX models had them.

The 93 25th Anniversary model had the full power package but they are really rare, they also had the 1.8 SOHC engine.

Pat.
                          yes hard to find. and with the LX models, it's more like almost all came with power windows, and very few LXs came out power windows.
                          Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

ive got a two door setup out of my egt, i dunno if it fits a 323, but i dont see why you couldnt make it work, $50
                            Attached Files

Comment

My 323 BG came with power windows gnagna
                              TANK 1: BG Mazda Protégé LX 90 Frame 20-07-03
                              TANK 2: BG Mazda Protégé SE 93 Crash 23-02-04
                              TANK 3: BG Mazda 323 BG GT 95 Crash 03-12-06
                              TANK 4: UF Mazda B2600 4x4 92
                              TANK 5: BG Mazda Protégé DX 92 - SOON
                              From Montréal, Québec, Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X