Bent My Real Wheel Wat Couldv'e gone Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bent My Real Wheel Wat Couldv'e gone Wrong

hey everyone im new to this well actually to posting a thread... well last nyte me and some friends went driftin cause we had some fresh snow and while i was slidin i hit a cub n bent my whole passenger rear wheel i dont know what it is or what it could be... buh wen i go over 40KM the whole bak of the car shakes... if ne one has any idea on wat could be wrong n how i shuld go along fixing that please help me... buyin a new car is not an option i love my protege
    please and thanx
    Leyon
    мắZδα $ρεєd ÐΣмои

If you bent the wheel that is why your car shakes. If you didn't bend your wheel you could have knocked the wheel out of balance or bent one of your lateral links which are replaceable. I would have the wheel checked at a tire shop for out of roundness or balance and also have them check your suspension pieces
    Yes Its 4wd woot woot
    sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Guyanesegangsta View Post
      hey everyone im new to this well actually to posting a thread... well last nyte me and some friends went driftin cause we had some fresh snow and while i was slidin i hit a cub n bent my whole passenger rear wheel i dont know what it is or what it could be... buh wen i go over 40KM the whole bak of the car shakes... if ne one has any idea on wat could be wrong n how i shuld go along fixing that please help me... buyin a new car is not an option i love my protege
      please and thanx
      Leyon
      Your post answers your question: Curb + Wheel = bent wheel. Bent wheel + rotation = vibration.

When you get a new wheel on, have your alignment checked. If you hit the curb hard enough to bend the wheel, you probably bent atleast 1 component of the suspension.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Thanx that was help wen i go home ill swap my rim with another.. but its relli bent so i highly doubt its the rim alone its gotta be sumthin else... if a suspension part is also bent or outta place wat is the most likely part that would need to be replaced... i can start lookin at that area or part and move on my process from there on... please n thanx
        leyon
        мắZδα $ρεєd ÐΣмои

Comment

if you really smacked the curb you COULD have bent your wheel studs but its highly unlikely, change the rim over and you should be good to go.

Comment

haha i did this same thing, except without snow

i replaced the rim and got an alignment, it cured all my vibration woes

Comment

Working...
            X