No announcement yet.

Ford Ranger Vs Protege?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an old roomie had a 90 b2200, 2wd. he never had problems. just get a good set of winter tires and some sandbags and you'll go everywhere your fwd can. it was a blast to drive his truck to!
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

yeah, ive always wanted one of those but i never seem to be in the position to get one (always buying something else instead).

as far as the whole Hemi thing goes, you guys basically hit the nail on the head, and that made me think of the 77 trans am story. . . the 403 motor that came in those was an oldsmobile motor worth about 190hp. . . not a whole lot considering its heft. i used to have a buddy with a 78, and he spent more time getting his ass whooped by rice burners than he did whooping them. most of the guys around my neck of the woods that street raced back in the late 90s actually had something besides a fart can and an autozone intake, so they were quick for their day.

i hate to hear about the rabbit losing so badly. back when i was into road racing i knew a few guys campaigning them in IT racing and they were fairly quick cars (at least on a road course). ive seen one bitchslap a porsche 944 on track at roebling road (in savannah, ga) and there was a guy a few years back running mid 14s with an ABA block/16v head combo on an 89 GTI. my best friend at the time had an 89 jetta wolfsburg i did a lot of work on (A LOT OF WORK) and it was pretty quick.

im sorry anyone had to lose to something powered by an oldsmobile 403.
      sigpic

Comment

my GTi was just small car with some pep. my sis T/A put down well over 300 FT/lb torque. my Gti was around 160 Ft/lb torque, i never stood a chance. she knows how to drive. (her launches are almost perfect) I on the other hand am still a NOOB lol. I miss that little "Bunny on crack" Now i have my Vert Rabbit (slow as balls)
        94 Protege DX 5sp
        for discounted prices on blasting and powder coating check out. (mention club protege to receive a discount)
        https://www.facebook.com/AS.Perfomance.Coatings

Comment

I drive an '04 Silverado for work... it's slow and it handles like a wet toad. But it does have AC, a CD player, and four cupholders!
          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

i dont know my buddys eddie bauer ranger was pretty slow

Comment

no my friend back home has a v6 ranger and he was talkin **** so we raced and i deff pulled on him in first, second, third, and then to a stop at the stop sign... ranger = slow...

My garage...
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/vbp...p?do=view&g=19

Comment

of course my bro's '04 ranger has balls, but only till about 75, and governs at 98....yeah, pos ranger.
                No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Working...
                X