My $275 '91 LX...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My $275 '91 LX...

So the police impound had an auction today, and I bought this..

a 1991 LX with 170,000 miles. It is in very rought shape, but I had to have it! The body and paint will all be done anyways.

Where I live, it is very difficult to find BP anything..all the junk yards have dx's, local and in the radius Im willing to travel.

It is an automatic...but I will be going to rob one of those j/y dx's for all of its 5 speed goodies(not the trans, Of course)..just the pedals and whatever I can get. Ill get the g series and everything else when I find it

anyway, I plan to basically restore this to new. I have a dedicated protege fund, so the buying begins..

The engine will be rebuilt, although, this car runs and drives great! Ill be putting 9.5:1 miata pistons in when its rebuilt. (sorry Chris!)

lots of other stuff, but heres the pics
    Attached Files
    DX BP swap/turbo build

SCORE!!
    It doesn't look to be in such bad shape, just needs a bit of love
    and from the looks of it you got some stereo wiring along with it
    Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumpncrash View Post
      SCORE!!
      It doesn't look to be in such bad shape, just needs a bit of love
      and from the looks of it you got some stereo wiring along with it
      yeah, someone wanted in the car real bad and decided to pry the lock out of the pass. side door,too. its mostly the finish and and lots of dings, the car mechanically is pretty damn good. Should look good when shes done

theres plenty more wire jumbles in the stereo compartment...good times.
      DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

jk. Good score randy. Subin to see the progress. No sweat on the pistons, I might have some 10:1 soon
        Last edited by Turpro; 05-31-2007, 07:45 AM.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

she's dirty, has dings and dents. but its 16 years old, probably not taken car of, I mean it was impounded I still think that's a hellofa deal for a great car!
          No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Oh man! You beat me by $25 and your paint is actually in better shape than mine! Nice score!

Here is mine:

Comment

Originally posted by cat34evr View Post
              Oh man! You beat me by $25 and your paint is actually in better shape than mine! Nice score!

Here is mine:

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30981
              Another Pro saved from the boneyard!!

Yeah its a decent base to start with, I am currently gathering 5 speed swap parts.

The BP started right up on first try, but its all getting pulled this month and rebuilt. I just look at it as getting a BP for 275 and a chassis that needs a lot of work for free
              DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Nice Randy, glad to see you finally got a Protege with a real engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
                  Nice Randy, glad to see you finally got a Protege with a real engine.
                  a valid point...lol
                  DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

not bad sir, not bad @ all.
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Hello Randy,

keep us posted on your progress. Mine has done me well. It now has 192,000, and I took it to the meet last week.
                      David

Originally posted by 92dx View Post
                      a valid point...lol
                      David
                      sigpic Ky

Comment

Working...
                      X