Sunroof stuck! Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunroof stuck! Help

Hi guys. As the title says, my sunroof seems to be stuck. I have a 92 protege lx. the motor still works when i push the slide buttons but the sunroof doesnt go back for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And, do you know of any place they might fix it, say autozone or something.

is it stuck closed? is it the metal roof? try pushing down on the back of the top (outside) while pushing the open button.

Edit: Before I installed an EGT glass sunroof in my Pro I had a metal roof that was expanded by rust (as many Pro owners on this site have). If you help the roof along a bit manually you can get it to move as you wish. If you would like more info on a glass sunroof swap... search "glass sunroof" for info, search junkyards and ask around to find one. Good luck!!
    Last edited by martiniac; 07-25-2007, 03:48 PM.
    miss my '93 LX at every corner
    photo album
    Catch me on Facebook

Comment

if you open that little plate and turn the hex screw with an alen wrench does it move then?
      Next!
      sigpic

Comment

well it slides back abit and right when its about to open. It cant slide all the way through. IDK whats wrong. I dont think the allen will help. Ive also tried knocking it down, but it doestn work. Can I get it fixed for cheap somewhere? Or is it something I can do myself?

Comment

Originally posted by shaokang View Post
          well it slides back abit and right when its about to open. It cant slide all the way through. IDK whats wrong. I dont think the allen will help. Ive also tried knocking it down, but it doestn work. Can I get it fixed for cheap somewhere? Or is it something I can do myself?
          it really sounds symptomatic of the rusted top pinching situation that is common with proteges. though it's real hard to try to tell you what is going on with it without seeing it and tinkering with it in person. i would simply have someone hit the button and try to move the sunroof manually from the outside.. you'll have to beat on it and try to pull it in the 'open' direction. if that doesn't work then i don't have a clue without looking at it in person. maybe the shut off is engaging early?

when you do get it open.. use a healthy amount of white lithium grease on the tracks.. it will help immensely.
          miss my '93 LX at every corner
          photo album
          Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X