roof liner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roof liner

Hey guys I need some info on the roof liner. I search the forums but found nothing. The roof liner in coming off and Its getting bothersome. Anyone had to deal with and could share your info I would be appreciative.
    94 LX

you can repair the roof liner by removing it and using some 3m spray adhesive ( spray lightly very lightly you dont want it to bleed through the material) .... or you can do the ghetto-get-me-by trick and use pins( steal em from your wife/mom/gf) and pin it back up till you find a replacement

Comment

Mine is on its way out too, so I've been thinking about alternatives. First I wanted to take it out and leave just the bare metal, but then I realized how hot it would get inside the car. Now I'm thinking some kind of cut-to-fit panel (e.g. plywood) that could be painted or whatever with fiberglass insulation on the back.

Just a half baked idea.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

In what section of a store like target walmart or home depot would I be able to find some spray adhesive. If I cant find the adhesive at a B&M store . I'll just purchase online. I found this one http://www.autobarn.net/headulinad.html I've read good reviews about this product.
        94 LX

Comment

i have redone many headliners. the first step is getting the headliner out of the car with minimal damage. next remove the fabric and use a wire brush to remove the soft foam fabric backing from the hard foam backing. next go to a local fabric shop and ask for headliner material.... you might have to visit several stores to find the right color but you will find it. use spray adhesive on the hard foam backing and on the foam backing of the fabric itself to ensure a good stick (it's not necessary to drench it but it does help to spray both surfaces) i always wrap the edges around about and inch before trimming. last, reinstall the headliner being careful not to snap the hard foam backing.

GOOD LUCK!!
          Last edited by martiniac; 08-12-2007, 01:47 PM.
          miss my '93 LX at every corner
          photo album
          Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by TiKi View Post
            In what section of a store like target walmart or home depot would I be able to find some spray adhesive. If I cant find the adhesive at a B&M store . I'll just purchase online. I found this one http://www.autobarn.net/headulinad.html I've read good reviews about this product.
            spray adhesive is available almost everywhere. just go to a local auto parts store builders supply store or department store. if you can't find it ask a customer service rep. i know that it is in "adhesives" in Lowes.
            photo album
            Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it.
              94 LX

Comment

I seem to have severely torn the headliner cardboard or hardfoam or what ever it is . What can I use to reinforce it??
                94 LX

Comment

Originally posted by TiKi View Post
                  I seem to have severely torn the headliner cardboard or hardfoam or what ever it is . What can I use to reinforce it??
                  i did that in my 87 regal.. i used a sufficient amount of duct tape on the back... (i may have attached a piece on the inside too.. not sure... duct tape FTW!) it held together real well after i affixed the new headliner material and installed it inside the car.

good luck!
                  photo album
                  Catch me on Facebook

Comment

If you going to do the headliner, sand of the glue all the way down to the cardboard. Pick the material and the color you want, get some 3m spray on glue
                    and spray the leveled surfaces evenly and the surface where its curved a little heavy you want to make sure the material sticks and trim off and excess material. If the material doesn't quite match with the interior pieces, you can buy upholstery paint at the upholstery shop.

Comment

Working...
                    X