Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who built these custom P/S and A/C brackets? PICS

And the they went on this engine

I would just like to know if I could get the dimension for those brackets as I would like to do the same thing
    Block is almost done, cylinders are overboard for Weisco pistons, pro gram billet main caps have been line bored, and my chinese EDT rods have been machined to right specs. Everything has been balanced.

I like it.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

You will need to make new A/C lines as well to run that setup. You can fit a full 2.5 DP and keep all acc.
      hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

That would be so sweet to be able to use a big ass dp and still have the greatness of ac and ps
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

ok then who built them. I found them here.
          Block is almost done, cylinders are overboard for Weisco pistons, pro gram billet main caps have been line bored, and my chinese EDT rods have been machined to right specs. Everything has been balanced.

Comment

Those are my brackets. There is no way to fit a 2.5" downpipe on a GTR and still keep AC unless you keep the stock dump elbow because there is only 2.5" between the end of the AC compressor and the turbo outlet flange. You could probably position an elbow to point forward, but then you'd probably hit the radiator. And with an external WG setup like mine, forget about it.

Mike (wht95scort) made a 2.5" DP with the AC compressor in place, but it's on a t3/t4(?). From the pics I have seen, that turbo's hotside is narrower by about 1/2-3/4".

Also, that's not the stock AC compressor. It's a Sanden SD-505 (iirc) that I read about on miata.net. I can feel no difference in cooling capacity even though it is a smaller unit than stock. It's supposed have less parasitic loss and now that I think about it, the engine doesn't seem to bog down as much when the compressor kicks on.

--Ferdi
            If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
            -----
            Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
            Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
            Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

i have a 3in mandrel stainless downpipe and still have a/c in stock location with stock lines, etc. gotta love fabrication!

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by b-potent View Post
                i have a 3in mandrel stainless downpipe and still have a/c in stock location with stock lines, etc. gotta love fabrication!
                On a GTR (VJ-23)? I gotta see that to believe it. Sure, using another manifold where the turbo isn't centered or further forward toward the radiator would make fitting a 3" downpipe much easier.

--Ferdi
                If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
                -----
                Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
                Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
                Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

oh whoops, i forgot to mention im running a custom tubular SS mani and a precision sc61 (t3/t04e). Still is a tight squeeze.

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

Working...
                  X