Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seatbelt warning beep that won't quit (fixed now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seatbelt warning beep that won't quit (fixed now)

Hi there. I have a 1992 Mazda DX, and of course the seatbelt warning light has been going FOR nearly 2 years. I have been trying to find a way to fix it, which led me to this forum.

My question is, if I disconnect the wires under the consule and wire it with the speaker wire and the four spade connectors (are they female spade connectors????) from Home Depot will the seatbelt still work on impact (resistance) and move up and down?

I just want to insure it will be a fully functioning seatbelt.

And no, I can't solder, as I don't have a soldering iron, and don't know anyone who does. I just want the beeping to STOP. LOL!

Edit to add... it's not just the light, it's that LOUD, ANNOYING BEEP that accompanies it. I just realized that inadvertantly was left out of my earlier post. Thanks guys!

Thanks to any and all who respond!
    Last edited by beckanoah; 10-26-2007, 02:40 PM. Reason: Fixed problem!

If you do a search, there's a fix for the seatbelt beep. its a pretty common problem among the bg's.

If you disconnect the wires, i doubt the seatbelt will work on impact. You would prefer to get a replacement from the JY or something like that.

hope that helps.

Comment

the problem is in the centre console where the seatbelt retracts (given you have auto belts). There is a worn out circular contact that you have to jump and the beep goes away.

the belt itself is not electronic in the sense that if it is in the proper locked position it will work no matter what you do to the electronics. The tensioner is mechanical.

Comment

Well if there's nothing wrong with the belts at all and they are working, but that annoying dash light is driving you crazy wouldn't the easiest thing to do would be remove that bulb in the cluster?

My .02.

MrH.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

i just ripped out the actual chime itself, it is a small chime/speaker/beeper unit built into the fuse box on the inside of the car near the drivers side foot well. Just need to pull the fuse box out (everything unplugs from it) and pull the chime (but the car will never chime again after that even for doors or headlights).

Comment

Originally posted by Grant8311 View Post
            i just ripped out the actual chime itself, it is a small chime/speaker/beeper unit built into the fuse box on the inside of the car near the drivers side foot well. Just need to pull the fuse box out (everything unplugs from it) and pull the chime (but the car will never chime again after that even for doors or headlights).
            here! hear! I've never figured out what all that cpu on the back does, but I do know if you crack the white case open, rip the buzzer off, no more noises!
            No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

I appreciate the replies so far.

I have done the search on here and I realize it's a common problem with the warning.

I've been looking to do THIS fix, linked below...

I just want to insure my belts will still work the way they're supposed to after I do it. I really don't want to mess with my fuse box, and I'm pretty sure it will be something I can get done in a few minutes with the right parts.

Still would appreciate some more replies and thanks a lot guys!

Comment

Yup, that is the simpliest thing to do. And they will never make noise or blink lights again after that. I think a manual belt swap from Canada is cooler, but this way is cheaper.
                No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Thanks to all who helped above. I fixed it in about 15 minutes this afternoon!

:D

Protege's rule!

Comment

once again i will state there is nothing to jump just unplug the pigtail. it will not throw the light on. its like pulling yur oil sensor out to put in a oil psi gauge. nothing bad happens.

NEUMAN

Comment

Noah...you bet your ascribble the Pro rules....

Originally posted by beckanoah View Post
                      Thanks to all who helped above. I fixed it in about 15 minutes this afternoon!

:D

Protege's rule!
                      Neuman says so too....

Noah look at this thread also, here is a easier fix...http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12937

this works! This belt saved my arse one day in a cold Ky rain.

It's this kind of info I get off of CP that make me a Mazda Zoomaphiliac, so much so I subscribe with a donation to keep our dream alive and well.

I will add this too, this site is well maintained consistantly by the owner and moderators.

Some other sites I belong there is drama and non-maintained sites. Who wants to go there?

I love CP!

David
                      Ky
                      Last edited by riverrunnernky; 11-04-2007, 11:35 PM. Reason: To say what I need to say!
                      David
                      sigpic Ky

Comment

Thanks river...

I did the other fix, the jump with the speaker wires (just in case)... and the belt works fine. It even tightens with the brakes... It is SO nice not to have that constant beeping anymore. My sanity has returned.

Comment

Oh Boy do I remember that, I wanted to hurt something, and then one day the damned horn went off, and the horn is in a place that is hard to get to disconnect it. it's funny as hec now, because I know how petty the whole thing was, but what an annoyance it was during the time. Man I got peod!
                          The horn thing was simple te contact plate was worn out and cost a weasly $11.00 bucks at the dealer. Two years ago!

David
                          Last edited by riverrunnernky; 11-05-2007, 10:41 AM.
                          David
                          sigpic Ky

Comment

Yeah, I just replaced my horn a couple weeks ago. It did the same possessed thing... 4 mornings in a row, till I pulled the fuse. It cost 11 as well, and I fixed it in about 5 minutes.

Comment

Ha, you know !!

B, is yours a DX or LX?
                              David
                              sigpic Ky

Comment

Working...
                              X