Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USDM heater core =/= JDM heater core

Just in case anyone was wondering...

Too bad I didn't realize this until I ripped my whole dash out. Whoopz.

Update: a few hacksaws, some knives, a big woodworking file, lots of silicone, lots of swearing, and bloodied hands later... you can use a JDM heater core in a USDM car.

Comment

any benefits to this?

JACK.
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
        any benefits to this?

JACK.
        Not that I know of, but I head out back to school (5 1/2 hour drive in sub 30-degree weather) tomorrow and nowhere had a USDM heater core in stock.

The JDM heater core is 1/2" taller than the UDSM one, if that has adds any benefits.

Comment

better cooling/heating I would guess. do you want to swap? I'd like a thicker core for my 40 below winters, and you want a usdm one.
          No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
            better cooling/heating I would guess. do you want to swap? I'd like a thicker core for my 40 below winters, and you want a usdm one.
            Too late. I already carved up my car to make the JDM one fit! :D

Comment

aww dang!
              No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by evileagle View Post
                Not that I know of, but I head out back to school (5 1/2 hour drive in sub 30-degree weather) tomorrow and nowhere had a USDM heater core in stock.

The JDM heater core is 1/2" taller than the UDSM one, if that has adds any benefits.
                do you go to wsu or U of I?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by me19875 View Post
                  do you go to wsu or U of I?
                  WSU DAWG!

Comment

sweet, my brother and a ton of my friends go there. i've been up there like 3 times and its really fun. bet you're pretty happy with the outcome of the apple cup this year!

just watch out, when my brother was returning for thanksgiving, his friend was driving and swerved a little when he changed cd's so a cop pulled them over and asked if they could search the car. they knew they had the right to say no but said yea figuring it would take less time if they just went along with it. long story short the cops were really rude and made a mess of everything in the car and made them sit out in freezing temperatures for about an hour wearing hardly any clothes. my other friend that goes there got a fatty speeding ticket from a plane.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X