ok im back to protege land......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok im back to protege land......

hi i haven't posted on this site in a while i used to have a 03 protege ex, but i traded it in on a 04 gt mustang well needless to say i live in Pittsburgh and i needed a winter car so i found a 93 protege dx for 300 bucks. it runs great for a cheap car,but the heater wasn't blowing hot air so i checked the rod and everything moves behind the radio but the coolant was rust filled so today i drained the fluid and flushed it but no heat i think the core is shot. The one FUBAR thing i did was the temperature sensor just cracked in half as soon as i touched it so i grounded the wire out so the fan stays on all the time. My question is will this hurt anything grounding the sensor out and letting the fan run all the time and is the temp gauge reliant on the temp sensor or just the fan. Thanks its great to be back in mazda land

Yeah, the PCM relies on the that sensor so that way it knows that the car is warmed up and get out of "open loop"mode. That will save you some fuel economy, and basically just better for the car. But if your in a pinch, it shouldnt hurt anything for a short time, just get 'er fixed right.

Comment

Napa sells new sensors for like... not very much. $30 or so.

Comment

Working...
      X