Bad Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Day

Ello friends. Well I started of a day with a BANG, literally. So there i am about 5 miles from work just cruising 65 when BANG then thud thud. I thought that i snapped a half shaft on the passenger side. I successfully got the car to the side of the road, swung under the nose to find the caliper dragging! Since i work with my dad i gave him a call and he brought me a floor jack and a breaker bar. Once i got the tire off i noticed the caliper was in two pieces, slides and pads missing, also the rotor was busted in two. Well we tied everything up and limped her to the shop. The calipers were replaced on this thing just before i bought the car and they didnt even have rust on them yet, so i called up the sell and explained it to him. He came down to the shop and picked up the caliper, took it to autozone and brought me back a rotor, set of pads, and all the hardware to fix it at no cost. I was in debt to him. Well i started to fix it today after work but was exhausted so had the g/f pick me up and I plan on finishing it tomorrow.

Zero
    Young hearts be free tonight, time is on your side.
    Time is on your side.

DAMN. that is a bad way to start a day. . . glad it turned out ok for you though.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I will be heading back to the shop today to finish her up and bring her on home again.

Zero
      Time is on your side.

Comment

Boy oh boy I sure as hell wanna know how something like THAT could happen, were the caliper bolts installed to finger-tight? or what?
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post

Boy oh boy I sure as hell wanna know how something like THAT could happen, were the caliper bolts installed to finger-tight? or what?
          I couldn't tell you how it happened if i tried. I can guess though. When i pulled the wheel and looked at the caliper the bolt holes were clean like the bolts worked themselves loose. So yea probable finger tight. I double checked the driver side before i put everything back together today. All is fine on the car today.

Zero
          Time is on your side.

Comment

Working...
          X