heater bypass hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heater bypass hose?

I'm having issues finding a replacement hose, and I THINK it's the heater bypass hose, not sure.

Bottom left hand side direct to the left of the big hose.

Again, left hand side, the one that curves around before going to engine.

Mine has a pinhole leak, letting steam out, so I'd like to replace it, none of the ones I've seen in pick n pull look even slightly reliable.

(No I didn't take the pics, they were the best I could find online in a short time.)
    1993 Mazda Protege DX: RIP (1993-2007)
    1991 Mazda Protege DX: RIP (1991-2009)
    1994 Mazda Protege DX: Alive (1994- )

Put JB weld on it.

Comment

I think he's talking about the short rubber hose actually...and couldn't you usenjust any old rubber hose and stick clamps on the end?
      Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumpncrash View Post
        I think he's talking about the short rubber hose actually...and couldn't you usenjust any old rubber hose and stick clamps on the end?
        I was thinking that, but it must be shaped like that for a reason, to make it easier at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by Syntax View Post
          I was thinking that, but it must be shaped like that for a reason, to make it easier at the very least.
          Stealership has the funny shaped water hoses. I paid like $40 for 3 TINY hoses when i did my cut intake install, etc. Arghhhhhhhh the prices. But when you need it you need it!
          **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
          95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Going out to pick and pull to get a fuel pump for a nissan sentra, I'll see if I can actually find a hose off a protege for myself.

Also, whilst I'm posting, instead of making a new thread, what is the four lug pattern of the 1993 protege? 4x100?

Comment

Originally posted by Syntax View Post
              what is the four lug pattern of the 1993 protege? 4x100?
              yup!

Comment

when you go to the auto parts store its listed as heater to pipe 1 and heater to pipe 2

Comment

autozone or pepboys and ask the clerk to go behind and pick your own.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisdawg View Post
                    autozone or pepboys and ask the clerk to go behind and pick your own.
                    Yeah, I went back there last night, had to get my gf some fuel hose. Don't think we were supposed to do what we did to her nissan sentra (ran a new fuel line from the pump to the metal hose under the car)

Comment

Working...
                    X