No announcement yet.

Q for all oyu freshly built BP guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a good read. Shades has some really good input.

1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Rebuilt BPT

Basically I did the same thing, took out the spark plugs (to make cranking easier), cranked to build oil pressure, started right up. Next time I'll also disconnect the fuel pump to reduce the unburnt fuel load/ smoke

Originally posted by inferno94 View Post
      When I rebuilt my bpt I disconnected the fuel pump then cranked it till I had oil pressure. Reconnected the fuel pump left the ignition in the on position to build fuel pressure and it started in 1-2 cranks.

It should start fine if you've properly lubed everything and set everything back up right like timing it properly.

Comment

I have heard of a loading and unloading method of seating rings, though this was said to be a method for dirt bike engines.

Basicly you make sure it's not leaking anywhere then get moving at about 2500rpm then full throttle to 5500prm, let off the gas completely and let it engine break down to 2500rpm. Repeat this 10 times then change oil and filter. For turbo engines you keep your boost gauge at 0psi.

From what I read this was supposed to quickly break in dirt bike engines.

My self I've done the drive it for 100km change oil change it again at 1000 then regular intervals approach.

Comment

Working...
        X