92 Mazda Protege Noob Probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 Mazda Protege Noob Probs

Names Ricky..Long time toyota guy here..Got into an accident with my daily beater and came across this 92 protege for the meanwhile.The shifter linkage was broke and none of the interior or exterior lights worked.I got it for $200 so i didnt think i could go wrong.I replaced all the lights bulbs [head lights, dash lights, corner, turn, rear and backup]..All the lights are working except the dash and rear driving lights.I've seen quite a bit of this prob on the net discussed but havent caught a solution yet..if anyone has one i'd appreciate the help.

Check the fuses.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx View Post
      Check the fuses.
      That's usually the problem when the rear lights,front corner lights and dash lights are not working....either that or something in the wiring for it. Good luck and welcome to clubprotege
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

the only fuse boxs are the ones in the engine bay and under drivers side steering column right ?

And Thank Ya

~Why is the wiring prob So-oo common in these cars ?

Comment

Yeah. It will be an interior fuse. Most likely labeled "room" I think.
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

room?!..hahaha, ok i'll check it out

Comment

yepp..Sure enough the room fuse was blown..Along with the tail lights.
              Ok..so light prob is fixed..
              #2 Problem.

Took shifter apart..Do i just pullit from the interior out..Cuz theres no way if i pull it from the engine bay that aluminum piece will fit thrrough the firewall ?

Comment

Working...
              X