Wierd A/C problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd A/C problem

OK, so during the BPT swap we didn't mess with the A/C at all(err, didn't breach the system in other words). Well my A/C wasn't working afterwards, so my dad charged the system and then we realized that I didn't have the compressor wire connected to the fuse box...well after connecting it, the compressor would come on and turn off, unless the car was idling higher. Well we got that to work, but when driving it would turn off...odd...

Well today I though maybe it would work coasting in nuetral at idle...no luck...so then I stopped on a hill, had the compressor turned on, and started rolling...it turned off! What in the hell? I tested it again, same thing...as soon as the car starts moving forward it clicks the compressor off. Is the compressor somehow linked to the speed sensor? All I know is that it was working fine before the swap, but I guess the BPT ECU is different.

I mean I could wire the compressor to a switch but I'd rather fix this the right way. Any ideas?

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas
Working...
X