Strut & lowering springs, MAF Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut & lowering springs, MAF Question

Ok, so I finally figured out what struts I have. They are KYB GR2 struts, exact same fitting as the stock ones. I want some dropzones, and no I don't want any other spring, I like the price and I hear they are good. I want to know if they will fit on the stock struts/KYB's.

Also, I just ****ed my MAF up by accidentally pulling out the prongs and putting them back in. Now when I let off the gas it shows the engine *dying* sign. It jumps too when it does that, but it's only when I quickly let off the gas. It will run fine except for that. How do I tune it back to normal?
    protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

dropzone springs aren't that great man. i have a set installed on my hatch. the front is about .5" taller than the rear. also the rear springs are WAY stiffer than the front springs.

i'd go with those megan racing springs. seem to be a better spring.

but they will fit on your kyb struts....i have mine installed on tokico s/r struts.

about your vaf...might just have to replace the thing, sounds ****ed up.

JACK.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

oh... I think you told me that before. But I've heard that other people haven't had problems with them... I really only wanted to spend 100 bucks and I am 20 bucks away from getting dropzones.. I have a budget because I have to pay tuition and insurance.. sucks. But I can search the forums, maybe you just got a bad pair? And are you saying that the dropzones and megans WILL fit on my KYB's?

The vaf was fine before I pulled out the prongs on accident. It was running fine and no problems. I have to figure out what's wrong with the prongs, that's what I pulled out. They're connected to the plug that you unscrew. So I don't know. What's a good price for one? And should I get an rx-7 VAF? would it be any better?

Comment

Originally posted by jaws View Post
        oh... I think you told me that before. But I've heard that other people haven't had problems with them... I really only wanted to spend 100 bucks and I am 20 bucks away from getting dropzones.. I have a budget because I have to pay tuition and insurance.. sucks. But I can search the forums, maybe you just got a bad pair? And are you saying that the dropzones and megans WILL fit on my KYB's?

The vaf was fine before I pulled out the prongs on accident. It was running fine and no problems. I have to figure out what's wrong with the prongs, that's what I pulled out. They're connected to the plug that you unscrew. So I don't know. What's a good price for one? And should I get an rx-7 VAF? would it be any better?
        are you sohc or dohc? i have a vaf for both engine in my FS thread.
        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

SOHC. I knew that you were selling one, that's why I asked for a good price. I don't know about VAF's for SOHC engines. I really don't want to have to tune one...

Comment

Quick someone! I need a solution! I'm driving around today and it's being jerky and i have to give it a lot of gas to not stall in first gear.

Comment

You broke your VAF... The engine doesn't know how much air it's getting and that's why it's running so rough. You need to replace it as fixing it is not easy. You basically pulled the connector pins off the PCB and just re-inserting them won't fix it. You can try to remove the top cover and solder the pins back on.

--Ferdi
              If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
              -----
              Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
              Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
              Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

ah dammit. alright, deadly sleeper, you and I need to talk

Comment

Cut the silicon from the top of the VAF with an exacto-knife or razor blade and remove the lid. Remove the 2 phillips screws that hold the connector to the VAF body. Pull the connector out, it'll take the solder from the circuit board with it. Don't be alarmed! Remove the excess solder, then carefully bend the prongs down and reinstall the connector to the VAF body. This will force the prongs to contact the circuit board just like normal. Soldering is not required. Once everything is tight, start the car and see if it runs fine. If so(and it should), pop the top back on. Be careful with the silicon as bits can fall inside the VAF and impede its operation.

This is like a 2 minute job BTW. No need to buy another VAF unless you actually broke a prong or 2.
                  Last edited by MazKid; 07-08-2008, 11:57 PM.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                  On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                  My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Working...
                  X