New To Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New To Forum

Hello my name is joe and i just joined the forum. Im currently getting ready to build my first rally project. It a 1994 mazda protege 5 speed 1.8 n/a 4 door w/ 150000 miles. I went with this car because.....well......it was free lol. But its been taken care of all its life by 1 owner who is a master ASE tech.

I have a few questions im sure you guys can answer

Do you guys know if suspension for the same year 323 fwd will work on a protege? I plan on getting a hotbits kit for the car.

Also can the AWD part be converted into the 2wd models? i know it works this way for the vw's

Thanks any advice will be much appreciated
    www.WORLD-racing.com www.descendant-racing.com For all your scion performance needs. Scions by day Mazdas by night

welcome to the club!

Comment

Originally posted by josephlibby4000 View Post
      Also can the AWD part be converted into the 2wd models?
      Do you mean can the RWD portion of an AWD be put in your FWD 2WD car?

I know the 323 AWD floorpan has a wider transmission tunnel than the regular FWD version to accommodate the driveshaft/exhaust and would expect the Protege AWD to differ in the same way.

You will probably have a hard time finding a donor AWD car as well. You need at the least the gearbox and back. These aren't common parts, at least in North America.

If you really want AWD, I would just get something common that has it from the factory. Otherwise build the car as a FWD.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Saturna View Post
        Do you mean can the RWD portion of an AWD be put in your FWD 2WD car?

I know the 323 AWD floorpan has a wider transmission tunnel than the regular FWD version to accommodate the driveshaft/exhaust and would expect the Protege AWD to differ in the same way.

You will probably have a hard time finding a donor AWD car as well. You need at the least the gearbox and back. These aren't common parts, at least in North America.

If you really want AWD, I would just get something common that has it from the factory. Otherwise build the car as a FWD.

Jay
        Good to know it was just an idea. If i really want a awd ill prolly get a 323 gtx in the future. anyways for now im gonna go with what i have. Ill be getting my suspension as soon as i can. Then the gutting and roll cage
        www.WORLD-racing.com www.descendant-racing.com For all your scion performance needs. Scions by day Mazdas by night

Comment

Working...
        X