Multiple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple questions

• For the stabalizer bushings... are these sway bar bushings.. same thing???? how do i know what size to get? (looking at Energy Suspension
    • Linkage Bushing.... are these shift linkage bushings.. i was told to get some new ones.. saw Energy Suspension aswell
    • what are traction ladder bushings?
    • Looking at Tie Rod parts... ES also has a bunch of stuff.... whats the difference in the sizing... and all that stuff....?
    • What are body mount bushings?
    • whats the difference in exhaust hanger material

i have more, just can't think right now.. too ****ing tired... hopefully there are some answer before i take off in the morning again
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

is there any sort of guide to help direct me as to placing the gaskets?? i got the kit.. no idea where they all go.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7403&viewitem=

i could just open up the package and start eye-balling stuff... but was hoping for a good direction first
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

I'm sure someone is going to say "OMFG USE SEARCH"

Uh, linkage bushing should be the shift linkage bushing.

Is energy suspension a brand or website or something though? Never heard of it.
      1993 Mazda Protege DX: RIP (1993-2007)
      1991 Mazda Protege DX: RIP (1991-2009)
      1994 Mazda Protege DX: Alive (1994- )

Comment

Originally posted by Syntax View Post
        I'm sure someone is going to say "OMFG USE SEARCH"

Uh, linkage bushing should be the shift linkage bushing.

Is energy suspension a brand or website or something though? Never heard of it.

trust me dude.. i've been effing the G while searching. my questions are those that i'm not finding answers too..... anyway, more questions
        • should i replace the tie rods ends just because
        • should i replace the lower ball joints just because

i ask this because i'm not sure if i NEED to anyway, but figured it wouldn't hurt. So i guess are these things that 'go bad'... ya know, do we have problems with them?

Comment

If you think those tierods etc are original, and the car has 100k on it, change 'em, just because. If they're tight, congrats, you now have spare parts.
          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

change ur ball joints if you are going to take that area apart anyways. i learn it is better to replace iffy pparts then find out the hard way you should of done it.

Originally posted by minnesotapj
            Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
            price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
            Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
            The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
            *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

mating 4 wire tps with '?' tb

so i got the tps in the mail... read something that you need the bp automatic tb.. well... ofcourse the tb i'm using is with the engine. but i also have the sohc tb and a gtx tb here with me.... i mated up the tps with the gtx tb... and well.. is it right? it seems to fit...

pic 1: GTX TB and 4 wire tps
              pic 2: tps mated to gtx tb with relaxed placement... (just sitting)
              pic 3: tps mated to gtx tb where mounting holes are aligned, and slight tenstion is felt 'inside' the casing...
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X