Towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing

What is the maximum you have towed with you pro?
    Attached Files
    38.46%
    1-250(trailer)
    0.00%
    250-500(trailer)
    7.69%
    500-725(trailer)
    0.00%
    725-1000(trailer)
    0.00%
    1000-1500(trailer)
    7.69%
    1500+(trailer)
    7.69%
    pulled a Car with tow rope class S
    0.00%
    pulled a Car with tow rope clas M
    15.38%
    other
    23.08%

Just for the fact of trying i towed my dads 19ft bayliner bowrider with and inboard outboard motor. pulled it just fine.
    91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

only thing i haul is ass.
      im afraid to put a tow hitch on.
      Next!
      sigpic

Comment

Lets see... I've towed a 67 mustang in Phoenix AZ, a 83 Chevy c10 custom in MN. Alas I've also been towed as well from Blythe CA back to Phoenix. All with a tow rope of all things, the trip from Blythe was the longest and my friend was in a hurry to get back so we hit speeds of 110. He was in a Shelby Lebaron and I still rolled faster than him downhill.. muhahahahah
        ]

Comment

i towed a 91 civic hatch 15 miles with a 91 mazda 323 with a bp05 ...using 3 half inch shackles and 4 spansets. 1 of the shackles can hold up to 2ton. each spanset holds up to 5ton. my poor clutch.

Originally posted by minnesotapj
          Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
          price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
          Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
          The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
          *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

took that just before i rolled the bike on
            95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I pulled my dad's truck outa the ditch. I think the curb weight was around 6800lbs, plus the 400lbs for the snowplow setup.
              No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

I've never pulled anything, nor do I intend to!

Comment

Originally posted by Rayman View Post
                  took that just before i rolled the bike on
                  How much did the trailer weigh and the cargo also?

Comment

pulled a cavalier a few blocks once when it was stock.... car didnt even seem to breathe heavy at all

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
                    MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
                      I've never pulled anything, nor do I intend to!
                      . i dont want to put any strain on my 125k auto trans.
                      -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                      VF10 powered!
                      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by ivan15 View Post
                        How much did the trailer weigh and the cargo also?
                        no idea how much the trailer weighs, but the bike is about 450lb
                        95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Oops....Everyone forget the 1500+, I answered the pool before reading the complete thing. I thought it was "How much have you EVER towed" Disregarding vehicle.
                          TO answer the Poll question....0.
                          This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                            . i dont want to put any strain on my 125k auto trans.
                            same here with my 189k auto trans!

Comment

Never towed anything. Ever.
                              1990 Protege 4WD
                              GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                              ├┼┤
                              2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
                              X