• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hose sizes...? HELP

What are the hose sizes for:
    Fuel Hose: 5/16? 3/8? 1/4?
    Heater Hose:
    Radiator hose:

I WAS gonna order them now.. but I can't....
    It really blows not having the car here.. And Haynes doesn't give sizes. Gr.
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

i think its a 1/4.

Originally posted by minnesotapj
    Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
    price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
    Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
    The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
    *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

Can someone just go check out their car and lemme know. I really gotta get this stuff ordered as i'm under pressure again to get the car out. The hoses and a few other things are all i'm waiting on. And these are pretty much the last things I need to order
      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

fuel 5/16
        heater 3/8
        radiator 1.3 inches or 1/1/4 cant remember

thats off the top of my head, its been a while, so I could be wrong

Comment

^^^^

YOU DA MAN!!!! thanks dude

Comment

Hmm, I think the heater might be larger than 3/8".

--Ferdi
            If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
            -----
            Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
            Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
            Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

all i know is its the inner diameter that matters. call autozone and ask.

Originally posted by minnesotapj
              Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
              price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
              Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
              The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
              *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

the autozone store is where i went, and nothing shows in there computer for the protege... freaking ghey, but i look online, and get all sorts of different sizes....

Heater hose:
                Goodyear
                5/8" and 3/4"... both in 6' lengths

Rad Hose:
                Specter:
                3/4"
                1 1/2" - 1 3/4"
                1 3/4"
                1 1/2"

Fuel line:

3/8"
                5/16"

Now i'm thinking i'll just go with:
                Heater: 3/4" x 4'
                Rad: 1 3/4" x 18"
                Fuel: 3/8" x 3'

Comment

ok, well here is a 'kit' they have aswell. it's kinda flashy/ricey.. but oh well... it's more affordable than peiceing it together

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...entId=cat30102
                  $89

Comment

oh.. found this @ summit...

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

this looks like a better deal

Comment

The radiator lines are definately 1-1/4" and I know I used 5/16" for my fuel return hose.

--Ferdi
                      If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
                      -----
                      Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
                      Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
                      Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

fuel is 5/16 radiator is what has been stated 1/1/4, heater hoses have different sizes, but I beleive most are 5/8....I was thinking 3/8 but I dont think thats big enough for most of em

Comment

heater core hoses are 5/8ths. and if you dont get the oem mazda one you can forget about getting a straight hose to work.
                          -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                          VF10 powered!
                          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Ace:

1: why would it be difficult for a straight hose?
                            2: can u get me the OE part number?

Comment

the intake manifold is in the way and the hose WILL kink. i discovered the hard way and tried to be cheap and get generic hose. and the part number is BR70-61-211
                              but id check with your local mazda dealer before cause idk if the SOHC and the BP are different. i got that for my SOHC.
                              also, the mazda one is a bit bigger than 5/8ths on the ends so it can fit on the plastic piece from the core.
                              Last edited by Ace; 05-29-2009, 01:44 AM.
                              -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                              VF10 powered!
                              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Working...
                              X