Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

I bought a 88 B6T, yes i know its a BF chasis, but i was wondering would it be a direct swap in for a BG protege. I know it is for a BG 323. The B6T comes from a GT sedan (2WD obviously). Only reason I'm doing this swap is because the BF body was unsalvagable. Thanks in advance for the help!

Originally posted by Mazda_323T View Post
    I bought a 88 B6T, yes i know its a BF chasis, but i was wondering would it be a direct swap in for a BG protege. I know it is for a BG 323. The B6T comes from a GT sedan (2WD obviously). Only reason I'm doing this swap is because the BF body was unsalvagable. Thanks in advance for the help!
    The BG 323 came with a B6-E so I'm sure you can make it work.

I don't know if you searched the forum or not, but there is most likely something on here about what you want to do.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

I know it fits the BG 323, but im buying a 1.8L Protege, was just wondering if the engine mounts would fit direct for a B6T in a BG Protege 1.8

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_323T View Post
        I know it fits the BG 323, but im buying a 1.8L Protege, was just wondering if the engine mounts would fit direct for a B6T in a BG Protege 1.8
        Well seeing as the pro/323 have the same chassis it is safe to say yes it will work.

Why are you going b6t though? I ask because IIRC the b6t came with 130hp but the dohc bp came n/a with 125.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

most likely because the pro he's getting is the B8.
          we dont get many BP's up here

Comment

My B6T is not stock, it has a turbo off an SR20, and sum other mods, the engine is pushin around the 200whp mark and stock it comes with 143hp and with a chipped ecu and stock turbo just up the boost its a 180whpish and its also bcz i got the B6T for like 300$ 176000 km with engine tranny, running mint and im getting a protege for 500$ and its super clean to, alrdy have a FMIC for the car, piping going to cost 100$ and a new ECU which im getting free! so for under 1000$ i have a 200whp protege turboed thats not a **** box looking thing. And when i bought my 88 GT it was to restore it but after looking over the body it was concluded to be unsalvagable so i have a B6T i just wanna put in a car and RIDE!!!!

Oh and MazdaNoob how far u live from the Quebec border, im soon going to be moving close to Cornwall in ontario, so wen my projects done, if ur not to far we can ride together. I dunno anyone from around the Cornwall area of ontario so be nice to meet some1 that has sumthing in common with me
            Last edited by Mazda_323T; 06-08-2009, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X