a/c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a/c

ok i bought some freeon and went to put it in and as soon as hooked up the gauge it went into the danger zone and wouldnt let mefill it with freeon. does anyone know what it could be it said mechanical problem
    MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A RACING PROBLEM

possible electircal problem

Comment

Was the engine turned on with the a/c on and were you filling though the low side?
      Last edited by ivan15; 08-03-2009, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Did you have it converted to the r134 system? Just have to ask because some ppl think they can just go to the parts store and grab some r134 kit and recharge their system without knowing that they have the old r12 system. Our old bgs came r12 from the factory and you can't get it anymore....well you can but it will cost you a ****load.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

your compressor probably isnt turning on. same thing happened to me. look at the wire going to the compressor, pull it apart at the connector towards the top. not the little loop at the bottom. then touch a 12v wire to that, if the compressor turns on then thats your problem. why it does it idk, but at least you narrowed it down.
          -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
          VF10 powered!
          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Working...
          X