Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help!

I'm buying a lower miles BP soon and I've never swapped a motor. I live in the South Jersey area, I'm super close to Philly, I would need serious help with this and would be super grateful to anyone who would be able to help. I've yet to buy the motor but I am just wondering who is in the area and can/may be able to help. I can give more exact dates after I've purchased the motor. That time frame should be in the next two weeks so I can get this done before snow is on the ground and it gets super cold outside. So please just let me know if you would be able to help. Thanks a lot guys and gals!!!
    Yes I am TSME from ERDTOnline = www.erdtonline.com

Any takers please?

Comment

Wrong coast, man!
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Let me tell you... Its really easy. I was scared when i first did it too but once things start you'll be good. You need the right tools and you'll be golden.
        Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
        "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
          Let me tell you... Its really easy. I was scared when i first did it too but once things start you'll be good. You need the right tools and you'll be golden.
          Yep, its really easier than it looks. You don't even need any special tools really. Just a pretty decent mechanics set
          -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
          VF10 powered!
          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Unplugg all connections to the the motor. Take the harness and drape it over the drivers side fender. Remove the axles and put the halfshaft back into the tranny. Unbolt the mounts on the crossmember, the mount under the battery tray, and the engine mount. Make sure you have your hoist hooked up to the engine when you remove the engine mount. remove the engine and tranny as one unit. After you get both out take them apart. Super easy
            "Who Dey"

Comment

Don't have any of that since I moved to New Jersey all my tools are at my Dad's house in Mississippi... I don't own a hoist either...

Comment

well you need to either rent one or buy or borrow one because your not going to get anywhere without it.
                "Who Dey"

Comment

Working...
                X