Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full bp for sale in my area i want to fully swap its internals in my 91 BG Mazda 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full bp for sale in my area i want to fully swap its internals in my 91 BG Mazda 323

is this a good buy i will provide link below? I have a fully stock B6 91 mazda 323 hatchback and want to do a BPT swap, would this greatly save money in my project? he has a spare BP motor included in the deal along with the BP thats in the car. he says the timing is off.

he says lots of other mazda parts are included that some guys might need on here... is it worth 3000? or should i see if i can get 2500 out of it?

Comment

I'd say there's other issues besides the timing being off.

either it's ready to be fired up, or it runs and drives- that **** makes no sense. and unless I'm missing something, that's got the most ****ed-up backwards bandaid management system I've seen in a while.

short version: no, it isn't worth $3000.
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

He's running 860cc injectors with a12:1 fmu??? Talk about glazing the cyl walls.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

right?

and no mention of an ECU or SEMS either, which would mean stock ECU, and that makes my brain hurt.
          sigpic

Comment

i called him and ask about the turbo he said no play in the turbo and then i asked about it not starting. he said in order to run the engine i would need to probably run megasquirt. do you think i could get 550 injectors and run 9:1 compression? He said there is lots of spare parts that i could use and said he had the stock injectors too. Do you think i could inspect the damage in any way while im there to buy it ? Also what do you guys think the deal is worth, like price range?2000 or 2500

Comment

He said it was in the garage and he didnt run it past 8psi for boost. do you think the damage has went to far. he says he also has some other ecu's in the parts thats included. If i call him back what should i ask him to let you guys know more about the motor. i could car less about the shell just the parts and engine is what i want.

Comment

with half of a clue you could make that work on a stock computer, you don't need to use a Megasquirt.

I don't know if he damaged anything that badly but with that FMU and injectors that big it was certainly running pig rich. pull the valve cover, do a compression test, etc. even if that motor ends up being junk you can find another one without much of a problem.

offer him $2k, use whatever you need, and part out the rest and make some money back. you can usually find someone on here looking for a rust-free shell, and if those are legit 820s I'd even work out a deal with you for a set of 460s...
                sigpic

Comment

k ill call him this weekend
                  i know i could sell a lot of these parts here.

Comment

Working...
                  X