94 with no spark and no fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94 with no spark and no fuel pump

So I got a car for dirt cheap for a daily driver. I was told nothing would happen when you turn the key on. so i got it home, checked main fuse and it was blown. Replaced it and car turned over but no spark. Then I did what i should have done from the start and checked the oil, it had a blown head gasket. So I tore it down and did a refresh on the motor, bearings, rings, gaskets, water pump, timing belt. Put it back together, car turns over but no start which was no surprise.

There is no spark, and fuel pump wont come on. The pump does come on if i jump it in the diagnostic box. I have a good running car that is my current dd so iv been trying parts that i know work and have come up with nothing. Tried distributor, coil, little black ignition module, vaf, relay next to ECU and the ECU. went through and checked all connections and ground straps. By the by i did the refresher on the motor while it was in the car, so i never pulled it.

Check out my story
    "A no start/dead fuel pump saga"
    near the bottom of this page.

FRM

Comment

So I decided to go back to basics and check all ground connections again. Checking them previously I had just made sure they were connected. This time I took the time to take them off and clean them. Before taking each one off I gave each one a tug. The one by the distributor pulled right apart. I redid the end and the car fired right up.

Comment

Working...
      X