No announcement yet.

Help needed No spark!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to get a multimeter and verify signals to and from the dist, and ecu. This is the sort of sleuthing I effing HATE to do. Don't let yourself rule stuff out too easy. If you have another running car, that's the only way to truly verify components like coils and dizzys actually work. I've swapped out stuff like that with what I thought were known good replacements only to find out much later that neither item worked on another car either, causign much hairpulling and cuss words.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

throw the GT ecu back in and see if you can pull a code from it
      you can get codes and not have a cel

Comment

Well unfortunately ive the only BP I know of in the country, ill try pull some codes off the gt ecu. I've ordered a new coil and igniter so ill try them
        1989 BP Motor, 9.8:1 OEM Pistons, BP22 Intake Cam, VJ20, GTX Intake Mani, FMIC, Alloy Radiator, HKS SSQV I, K&N oil and air filters, Innovate LC-1, 10W50 Mobil

Comment

Ok, so I put the GT ecu in and pulled some codes,I had the injector plug disconnected at the time.

09 Engine coolant sensor
          34 IAC valve
          41 Intake solenoid

So codes 09 and 41 are because of the injector harness being unplugged, but I don't know why it's giving me the IAC valve. I've read some similar threads on various forums and the IAC code popped up in a few of them but no solutions posted.
          I pulled the engine loom and I'm currently inspecting every single wire, and all is looking good so far.
          1989 BP Motor, 9.8:1 OEM Pistons, BP22 Intake Cam, VJ20, GTX Intake Mani, FMIC, Alloy Radiator, HKS SSQV I, K&N oil and air filters, Innovate LC-1, 10W50 Mobil

Comment

The loom is ok an far as continuity and resistance goes, I also meggered every core and the insulation was not broken anywhere. I'm so pissed about this ****, did the recent turbo conversion cause it?? Or was it a horrible coincidence??

Could a short in the alternator or a short in the other loom cause a no spark condition??

Comment

Right, loom checks out fine. As does all the components associated with the ignition system!

I've a question about the tachometer, I used my multimeter and went between the Yellow/Blue stripe(ignition pulse) and ground and I had continuity, is this right? It's hard to tell from the wiring diagram if this is the way it's supposed to be

Comment

It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

The wire between the tach and the plug beside the ecu became shorted to ground killing the spark.

Time to go boosting!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X