Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 question on SUSPENSION... Check it out PLEASE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 question on SUSPENSION... Check it out PLEASE...

OKay im back with more suspension help... 3 problems and I think there is one answer to these PROBLEM...

1st... WHen im stoped and i turn left all the way and I strightin up the wheel again the steering and the cars likes to go left... I usual just stop and turn it right all the way and its drives stright any help on what it is...

2nd... When im goin about 45 mphs my steerin wheel shakes a little bit when i get up to 80 its goes away but when I start lowin down it shakes bad... Help

THIS **** PISSES ME OFF

3rd... When im drivin about 45 to high speeds and I have my foot on the gas it drives stright but when I left off the gas the steerin wheel likes to jerk right or left (WHICH ever side the road leans to) and ill put my foot back on the gas and it strightins up... HELP

HELP HELP HELP... THIS **** JUST STARTED AND THIS IS THE ONLY THING I HATE BOUT MY P R O T E G E... the only thing
    Ratrod

1 and 3 sound like bad tie rod ends.
    2 could be alignment.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

1: definitely bad strut bearings...also called thrust bearings. One or both of them are bad, replace em. Not too expensive but a good amount of work to install b/c u have to disassemble the strut.

2: could be a worn axle. Even if the boot isn't torn, it could be worn out inside. My protege's passenger axle did this between 55-65 and would go away after 70mph or so. Replacing the axle worked for me. APparently it can also be your wheel bearings if they are really worn. best way to tell this is to jack the car up w/wheel on & see if there is any play in the wheel.

3: no clue but it could be an overall worn suspension. Do as i said in 2 and jack up the car, See if there is ANY play in the tie-rod end on either side and also the lower balljoint. If there is any play when you jerk the wheel back and forth, replace them to tighten up the suspension & steering.
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

all three are alignment issues. if it still does it after an alignment and the shop doesn't tell you anything is bad and you still see a bit of an issue then you have a bent rim. i have had all of the above at one time or another.

when your tow gets knocked out it makes the front wheels fight to go straight. even tho one wants to drag a bit. that is where your vibration is coming from.

NEUMAN

Comment

OOO so im goin to get a damn aligment..
          Ratrod

Comment

i hate the wheels =) that's the only thing i hate about your protege.. hehehehehe ^__^ sorry dude.. they resemble dubs a little way too much.. i hate dubs... other then that.. nice clean.. and in black.. lovely <3 i hate you and your money..

Comment

Originally posted by hienishere
              i hate the wheels =) that's the only thing i hate about your protege.. hehehehehe ^__^ sorry dude.. they resemble dubs a little way too much.. i hate dubs... other then that.. nice clean.. and in black.. lovely <3 i hate you and your money..
              hahah resemble dubs do you know what the **** dubs mean... how can you hate dubs if I dont have 20s get your info stright before u start sayin DUDE I HATE DUBS look it up... haha you dont know me how the **** you goin to say you hate me haha and my money thats a good one hahahhahahah DAss
              Ratrod

Comment

uhm.. it was a joke dude... calm down...... sheesh... are you ooook? what i'm trying to say is i dont like all which is shiny and complicated looking... i was making a joke man... chill.. not everyone commenting you is out to stick another needle in your butt... god damn -.-

Comment

my did that and then i had my tie rod change and it want away and did aligment and it is all good now

Comment

1 is definetly thrust bearings. i had that problem myself. they sit inbetween the top strut mount and the top perch.
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

could be wheel out of balance as well.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                      X