Track Days Coming My Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track Days Coming My Way

Well I'm starting to think about setting up my suspension on the Pro. And here's the reason: Mid America Motorplex. Through some contacts I have with the local chapter of the Porsche Club of America, i'm gonna have a couple chances this year to hit the track pretty much free of charge, except for the initial safety school.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm gonna do though. I've always been more into the motor aspect of cars. Any ideas, recommendations, experiences, etc... No rush yet, I'm not actually planning on starting anything til May, just in the planning stages.
    bob

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

Originally posted by protegebob
    Well I'm starting to think about setting up my suspension on the Pro. And here's the reason: Mid America Motorplex. Through some contacts I have with the local chapter of the Porsche Club of America, i'm gonna have a couple chances this year to hit the track pretty much free of charge, except for the initial safety school.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm gonna do though. I've always been more into the motor aspect of cars. Any ideas, recommendations, experiences, etc... No rush yet, I'm not actually planning on starting anything til May, just in the planning stages.
    bob
    Do you have any suspension mods? Despite what you may hear there's no replacement for experience when it comes to track driving. My best advice would be to go to as many as possible and be as open to constructive critisism as possible. The experienced racers will respect that you're a newb and help when they can if you're not a cocky know-it-all, they were all novices once
    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

none what so ever!!!! I hate suspension stuff!!! The only thing i've done really is replaced the swaybar endlinks and lower ball joints a few weeks back when i did my clutch.
      I'm a sponge when it comes to anything with my car. Plus i do kind of have a teacher too, the guy who is gonna get me on the track builds and runs Porsche 924's and 944's for the track and is damn good, you should see some of the trophies and stuff he has around the shop. He got me hooked last year though when i gotta take a hot lap with him in one of his customers 911's, oh man that was so fun!!!!

93' 5spd DX
      R.I.P

Comment

tires tires tires......get some good track tires (falken azeni's are cheap and work well) also kumho victoracers work well, but are kinda pricey, go get an alignment, and get on the track. Learn your car as it is first, and learn the proper driving techniques. That will get you farther than any suspension mod you will get. Unless it's a Lotus.
        Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
        X