No announcement yet.

soon to be new protege owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hhhhmmmm bronze rims huh, silver03p5 how much do you want for the set your selling?

Comment

shot you a pm

Comment

Nice rims, rob.

Welcome to the board LM
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

D323, u knew what he meant when he said "new" car....anyway, about the tire size...i saw this program on trucks and they stated that..getting wheels bigger then the stock size will cause a bit of lag in performance due to the diameter......also is it me or is it when u get bigger wheels the car handles better and leans less.
          If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmaz Powa
            D323, u knew what he meant when he said "new" car....anyway, about the tire size...i saw this program on trucks and they stated that..getting wheels bigger then the stock size will cause a bit of lag in performance due to the diameter......also is it me or is it when u get bigger wheels the car handles better and leans less.
            When you increase your wheel/tire diameter you change your effective gear ratio making your engine spin less at any given speed. This translates to slower acceleration but a higher (theoretical) top speed. Generally, people use the "plus-1" system... if you have a stock 185/60/R14 then if you move up to 15" wheels you change your tire size to something like 195/50/R15, a thinner sidewall making the overall diameter close to stock. This works well to a point but you can only reduce the height of the sidewall to a 40 series before reliability/ride starts getting affected adversely. A shorter sidewall will flex less hence the better handling/less leaning... also, the larger wheels (15"-17") tend to have better offerings as far as performance tires.
            '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
            '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
            '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
            '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
            '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
            '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

^^best link for calculating that. Just set the OEM size and then size you want to go to. It will tell you the percentage your speedo will be off.

I went from 13" steelies to 14" (like LSCRX said the +1 rule is a good one to follow) Miata rims and with a 185/60 or some crap like that my speedo is only .1% off according to the tire calculator. Idealy you want it as close to 0 as possible, so play with it and see what tire size will work best for joo.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
              X