Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ground control coilovers on zx2 struts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground control coilovers on zx2 struts...

whos got 'em? Or any coilover on zx2 struts for that matter? I just got that **** and I've got some questions.

u have to cut away the lil metal hats on the zx2's to fit the narrow-as-**** coilovers onto the perch
    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Thanks man, that was one of my questions that I answered myself today. I actually cut off the lower perches so that the coilover slides down to the perch's 3 welds so that the coilover will sit evenly. I grinded the **** out of one of those metal hats on the strut just to find that once I had grinded it small enough for the sleeve to fit over, there was nothing left of it and it just fell off. So I just tapped the other 3 off today. So those caps must only be there to keep **** out of there? Did you cover that some how? The other question I had was what did you do to the the little aluminum hats (or upper spring perches) for the coilover? The rear ones fit onto the shaft of the strut perfectly, but the fronts don't have that little lip cut out so that they can properly seat onto the strut's shaft. I am going to have a little lip machined into those front hats so they will seat onto the strut properly and tightly. I was just wondering how you handled this.

Comment

Actually you can just knock those metal hats off with a hammer and screwdriver.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

yea I did that. On the front strut mount which side is supposed to face where? Mine have these little rubber tabs and I wasnt sure if that was supposed to tell me to put that side facing forward or out or what.

Comment

Those tabs change the camber depending on where they point. Just make it to where they point to the engine bay.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

please post pics of your setup once your done... I would be interested to see what it looks like and the end result.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Will do, It's gunna be mad low. I plan on puttin 'em all the way down and rolling my fenders, but I'm not sure if my 17x 17.5's will fit in there. They barely fit now. So that may not last too long. But everyone will see them in a couple of days.....

Comment

right now I have my set of MX3 rims (15's) with a huge ass 205/60/15 or something like that... its sooo farking close to rubbing... right now they tuck in the rear.... 7.5's are pretty wide... double check that off-set to be sure.

Comment

Yea man, I'm rockin 205/40/17's on 17x7.5's. My car's lowered 1.8 all the way around, and sometimes when I hit a big bump I hear my tire rub my fender. My rims are a cunthair off of my struts and control arms. If I ever bent a rim, I'd b focked. Rite now, it looks like if I drop it any more my car would sit on the tires, so I just hope when I slam it, it doesn't rub. D323, How wide r yur rims, and what suspension set up r u rockin?

Comment

2in drop on sprint springs with the zx2 struts so roughly a 2.5in drop.

I think that the offset if goofy on these mx3 rims or something, b/c they almost rub against the struts themselves.

Comment

the MX3 has a 30mm wider track width up front, that may be the reason why they sit closer to the strut on the Protege/323.

and i bet your running wider than stock tires too

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                          the MX3 has a 30mm wider track width up front, that may be the reason why they sit closer to the strut on the Protege/323.

205/60/15's (might be 65's, but I think they are 60s)

they are so close that if I dont keep proper inflation on the tires they start to rub.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer

30mm in the rear, too!
                            My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                            - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                              205/60/15's (might be 65's, but I think they are 60s)

they are so close that if I dont keep proper inflation on the tires they start to rub.
                              That could be your problem. Tires should be 205/55/15 as per manual.
                              My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                              - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X