Another STRUT QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silentbob343
    What springs did you guys use with your struts? That will affect strut life.
    I had those Springtech struts with Dropzone springs. They only lasted a few weeks. Then I put the DZ springs on ZX2's for a while, and that was good. I wanted to go lower though, so I sold my ZX2's and DZ springs, and put a sleeve coilover on modified ZX2's. I've been sporting that for a few weeks, and have no complaints. I had the coilovers all the way down for the first few weeks(sitting on the bumpstops), and the struts held up fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
      I had those Springtech struts with Dropzone springs. They only lasted a few weeks. Then I put the DZ springs on ZX2's for a while, and that was good. I wanted to go lower though, so I sold my ZX2's and DZ springs, and put a sleeve coilover on modified ZX2's. I've been sporting that for a few weeks, and have no complaints. I had the coilovers all the way down for the first few weeks(sitting on the bumpstops), and the struts held up fine.
      I'm running sprint springs on the springtech struts and haven't had any issues.

Comment

OK you'll laugh, but I think the Monroe Sensatrac struts are damn good for the money. Smooth when they need to be and tight in the corners. Most autoparts stores now have a complete replacement assy. Strut, Bearing, springs, dust boot, bump stop all fully assembled. I hate Tokiko struts and the ST's are garbage. If I were going to buy anything custom other than Sensatracs I'd make the leap to a full Koni coil over setup.

Comment

Working...
        X