B&G Lowering springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&G Lowering springs

Is anyone using these springs if so how do they perform and how does the car sit? Post pics if you have please.
    93 323 LX
    99 Protege LX Touring Edition.

anyone?
    93 323 LX

Comment

All I can say is B&G springs are a good legit spring and not like half the stuff you find on ebay.
      c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

i run them with zx2 sr struts and full zx2 poly bushings. it rides rough with the setup i have but its tigher than **** around corners. the pic right below this is with 16 inch rims and the b&g springs. the ones i bought were made for the protege.

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
        All I can say is B&G springs are a good legit spring and not like half the stuff you find on ebay.
        mine came from ebay.lol. 169 shipped.
        Attached Files
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Your car sits nice. Do you think its the springs that make it rough or the struts and the poly bushings?
          93 323 LX

Comment

Originally posted by phatmatt
            Your car sits nice. Do you think its the springs that make it rough or the struts and the poly bushings?
            Springs effect and determine ride height.

Struts have NOTHING to do with ride height. The poly bushings don't either.

Comment

No no no. I was asking you if it was the stuts or the bushing that made it ride rough. I know that either one doesn't determine the ride height.
              93 323 LX

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                Struts have NOTHING to do with ride height.

I have trouble believing that. Take two struts equally valved for the same car of the same weight, but one having a shorter strut shaft. Wouldn't both strut shafts sink into the strut to the same depth, since the strut only knows how much weight is on the shaft not how long it is? Therefore making the strut with the shorter shaft physically lower the car more since there is less shaft sticking out of the strut?

But I'm not a mechanic and have no proof to back this up, just seems to make sense in my head. And if it doesn;t make any sense at all, well, get bent. It's probably easier to describe with a diagram, maybe I'll throw something together when I get home from work.
                Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

not correct. springs control ride hieght unless that strut is litterly so short that it is compressing the spring by itself farther than the wieght of the vehicle would. just putting zx2 struts into your car will not lower it if you dont change the springs.

Comment

Originally posted by phatmatt
                    No no no. I was asking you if it was the stuts or the bushing that made it ride rough. I know that either one doesn't determine the ride height.

Yeah, I see that now. I'm a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadoken
                      I have trouble believing that. Take two struts equally valved for the same car of the same weight, but one having a shorter strut shaft. Wouldn't both strut shafts sink into the strut to the same depth, since the strut only knows how much weight is on the shaft not how long it is? Therefore making the strut with the shorter shaft physically lower the car more since there is less shaft sticking out of the strut?

But I'm not a mechanic and have no proof to back this up, just seems to make sense in my head. And if it doesn;t make any sense at all, well, get bent. It's probably easier to describe with a diagram, maybe I'll throw something together when I get home from work.

If the strut shaft was shorter, the strut would only have less travel before it bottomed out. The spring rate is going to determine how far the strut shaft is going to sink into the strut body, and if you can even bottom it out. If the strut shaft is too short, the spring will always have tension on it, and the strut will always be partially compressed, and never allowed to fully de-compress. This will cause premature wear on the strut.

You've seen my car in person. The springs are so short that the strut completely compresses before the weight of my car gets to my springs. I need longer springs to regain strut travel.

Comment

Jo its time to raise your car up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT
                          Jo its time to raise your car up a little.

When I get outta debt. It's on the "TO DO" list.

Comment

get a better job.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                              If the strut shaft is too short, the spring will always have tension on it, and the strut will always be partially compressed, and never allowed to fully de-compress. This will cause premature wear on the strut.
                              struts do not wear differently at different heights unless you are riding at full compression, too low and bottoming out and using spring rates higher than the struts can handle. that besides normal wear and tear is what shortens or ends the life of your struts. if u are using or planning to use higher spring rates than the struts can handle, you might as well use your blown oem struts cuz even tho the struts arent dead yet, they arent controling the spring and cars weight properly and will blow out shortly if not already.

many struts are shipped fully compressed, leaving them that way will not blow them out, driving on them like that does.
                              BLAZE RED 93 GS
                              2004 G35 Coupe w/Brembo package
                              MY 93 MR2 TURBO

Comment

Working...
                              X