Omg, Wtf Did I Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg, Wtf Did I Do

ok so i was replacing mmy brake pads, and i somehow ejected the piston from the rear caliper

OMFG waffles......so i dunno if the caliper is done? or can i put it back in there....
    well i tried puttin that piston back in, and it doesnt work right.....my whole brake system is soggy and i bled it....

HELP.

the rears have to be "racheted" back in. you cannot just press them back in otherwise you destroy the piston and bend the little retaining pin (ie: brand new calipre time)
    Drew
    '95 EGT 1.8
    T
    '93 ELX 1.9 SC
    '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Oh noes!

That's not good man. Once you pop the piston out, the caliper should either be rebuilt or replaced.

Comment

well i only pressed it in with my finger...and then i twisted it and it started to go down.... but now the little adjustment tool doesnt pull the piston down, it only works when i use it to push it out. ARGh...

Comment

just go get a rebuild kit and fix it. its not that big of a deal. . . unless thats your only mode of transportation and youre stuck where you are.
          sigpic

Comment

i said screw it an chucked out 70 for a reman from advanced. whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by sydewayz View Post
              i said screw it an chucked out 70 for a reman from advanced. whatever...
              Problem solved?

Comment

sounds like it.
                sigpic

Comment

im actually in the process of puttin it on now, took a day to ship to the store. it seems a lot weaker then before. i only bled the side with the caliper i removed, but im trying to bleed the rest next. but my prblem is that the ebrake doesnt work for **** anymore....ahhh i need my ebrake, cuz i hate parking in gear, and then i cant slide corners like my 240sx .

Comment

for the record, problem solved, just bought a new one. readjusted ebrake. ill never know wtf i did, advanced now has my caliper as a core. RIP my beloved caliper

Comment

Working...
                    X