Ebay coilovers for a BG...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay coilovers for a BG...

I know these are cheap, and bad quality....But all I want to know is if they will fit on my 92 Pro with no modifications at all. I know it will be a bouncy ride, but I just want these cheap ones for now. BTW I have stock struts.

are you looking for coilovers for the adjustablity or just to lower your car?
    My Car Domain
    My VB Garage

1994 Protege LX

Cold Air Intake
    Cat Back Exhaust

5 Speed Tranny Conversion.....Coming This Summer

Comment

Originally posted by OUfb2005 View Post
      are you looking for coilovers for the adjustablity or just to lower your car?
      For both, but more for the ability to adjust when I want to.

Comment

honestly just save your money and get a set of ground control coilovers because with those it wont really matter how much u adjust it its still going to be a BAD RIDE
        My Car Domain
        My VB Garage

1994 Protege LX

Cold Air Intake
        Cat Back Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by OUfb2005 View Post
          honestly just save your money and get a set of ground control coilovers because with those it wont really matter how much u adjust it its still going to be a BAD RIDE
          Yea, I know.But all I want to know is if these will fit with no modifications...

Comment

they should fit but i wouldnt buy them......

id save up and get GC coilovers and zx2 s/r struts
            My Car Domain
            My VB Garage

1994 Protege LX

Cold Air Intake
            Cat Back Exhaust

Comment

any coilover setup is going to require modifications to the strut body, really no way around it.

93' 5spd DX
              R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by protégébob View Post
                any coilover setup is going to require modifications to the strut body, really no way around it.
                What kind of modifications?

Comment

Those will blow out your stocker stuts really fast and be expensive in the long run. plus doesnt it look stupid as hell watching some rice bomb bounce down the road?

Comment

he doesnt care, he just wants to be low. these things suck man, im telling ya. i got some for free and took em back off. most of the time you have to take a grinder to the top of the strut housing (not the rod) to get the sleeves to fit on them right, and then the sleeves move around (those o rings dont do ****). you will bounce and have destroyed struts in a week's time. if you really want some keep looking, those are about $20 too high. look at the shipping cost before you settle on "the best deal." most of the time the cheap items have ridiculous shipping cost attached.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by southerncross View Post
                      he doesnt care, he just wants to be low. these things suck man, im telling ya. i got some for free and took em back off. most of the time you have to take a grinder to the top of the strut housing (not the rod) to get the sleeves to fit on them right, and then the sleeves move around (those o rings dont do ****). you will bounce and have destroyed struts in a week's time. if you really want some keep looking, those are about $20 too high. look at the shipping cost before you settle on "the best deal." most of the time the cheap items have ridiculous shipping cost attached.
                      Good point, i'm thinking twice now about getting these.

Comment

just save for a few months and get GC coilovers
                        there not to much more.....and if money is a real issue just get a nice set of lowering springs for about 150
                        My Car Domain
                        My VB Garage

1994 Protege LX

Cold Air Intake
                        Cat Back Exhaust

Comment

Man i just put GC on my car and it feels very good. Do the same and dont use cheap copys.
                          We have a saying here in Estonia:
                          I'm not rich enaugh to buy cheap things.

Comment

just buy springs if you what drop for now and then buy good struts
                            sigpicSLICK PROTEGE

Comment

Working...
                            X