Installed new brakes and need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed new brakes and need some help

hey. Just did the brakes on my 323 and now it feels like i have to press the pedal pretty far down to get the car to stop. It still stops on a dime.. but the pedal travel is just insane. what do i do to fix this ?

bleed the brakes again.

Comment

ah..all i did on the car was pads and rotors. i dunno. its doesn't feel right. Oh yea. Checked out the rear drums and they are in great condition. Master Cyl isn't leaking and the brake fluid level is fine. The car stops on a dime, but it just feels that i have to push the pedal a decent amount down before the brakes kick in fully whats going on ?
      Last edited by 91Mzda323GTX; 10-05-2007, 06:56 PM.

Comment

check your brake lines and make sure they arent crap, you could get some stainless ones that would help with expansion, and you'd get quicker brake response.....

Comment

well.. im not looking for performance.. well for now.. im just trying to make sure my car is good for a 2600 mile hike cross country

Comment

like it was said earlier,

BLEED YOUR BRAKE LINES!!!!!!
            Block is almost done, cylinders are overboard for Weisco pistons, pro gram billet main caps have been line bored, and my chinese EDT rods have been machined to right specs. Everything has been balanced.

Comment

^^ wow.. i feel stupid.. thanks guys. i'll get on that right away

Comment

careful with bleedin your brakes if the master cylinder is original. since its not use to seeing the pedal going all the way to the floor it can damage your seals. i'd only pump the pedal about 1/2-3/4 of the way down. I blew my master cylinder by doing full pumps

JACK.
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                  careful with bleedin your brakes if the master cylinder is original. since its not use to seeing the pedal going all the way to the floor it can damage your seals. i'd only pump the pedal about 1/2-3/4 of the way down. I blew my master cylinder by doing full pumps

JACK.
                  Well thats good to know now that i bleed it a few times and still wondered why my pedal doesn't do crap till about half way down!
                  **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                  95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

yeah, ive had to replace my master cyl. on both my pros. . . seems to be a weakness with them.
                    sigpic

Comment

I bled my MC to death a couple weeks ago.
                      1990 Protege 4WD
                      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                      ├┼┤
                      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
                      X