Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I have hit a snag... anyone got some help to offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have hit a snag... anyone got some help to offer?

Everyone I have talked to assured me that GTX rear 4wd struts would fit the rear of my 4wd bg22. Well I got a call from the tech doing the work today..and he said that the bolt patter is not the same?? Im not sure quiet what he is talking about yet..but Im going to check it out tomorrow for a more sure answer. Anyone got any ideas as to why this would be?

work log eh?

0/10
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

uhh yeah..idk im not sure..hahah. There are alot of threads..sometimes Im lost. Im just trying to find answers! even corksport told me this would work with no moding..now here i am..it does not work.. and my DD is out of comission for who knows how long.

Comment

Its not that your information is wrong its that the suspension company is wrong. Most people put them in themselves and just use washers and what not. The gtr IS different the gtx is the exact same (except brake line tabs on the rear struts of the 4wd). Gtx 4wd and fwd suspension ALL interchanges, gtr does not... btw I agree for a "worklog" this is about a -10/10
        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Okay so you are saying they should fit? What should I check for when I go up there tomorrom? They are from mazda..the are "88-89 4wd rear struts" they also are kybs.. and what is the -10/10 about..haha

Comment

oh i get it okay hahah lets see here.. my "worklog"
            1990 4wd protege
            Things that are done;
            Rebuilt stock head
            all new CV's
            new tie rods
            new brake lines

Working on;
            Four new struts(KYB)
            Two new sway bars, Rear 20mm J-spec. Front j-spec GTR sway bar
            New control arm bushings
            new sway bar bushings
            LSD rear

Comment

Corksport and others told you bf gtx struts will fit? Are you sure you asked if the BF struts will fit or did you just say "GTX"? Because IIRC the BF gtx and BG GTX have different struts. Totally different chassis. I'm moving this to the right section.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Shag View Post
                Okay so you are saying they should fit? What should I check for when I go up there tomorrom? They are from mazda..the are "88-89 4wd rear struts" they also are kybs.. and what is the -10/10 about..haha

thats your problem right there

Comment

Yeah. BF and BG struts are not interchangeable. Top hats are different bolt patterns, different lengths, different stroke. Somewhere I had a xls file comparing BF, BG, 626, 929, and a few others. None "just" line up with the BG requirements.
                  No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

What he said, bf gtx stuts won't bolt to your bg. I modded the hell outta my old struts to be able to use them as spares.
                    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Yeah thank you guys...I have the new parts on the way. Should be here tomorrow. I did not know that there were differences like that in the 88-89 and 90-93. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X