Dynoing the BPT tommorow!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike323
    Did you play around with the cam timming? That's if you have adjustable cam gears. I strongly suggest a set. I also suggest you upgrade your exhaust cam with one with a bit more duration that the one you have.

I could of hooked you up with a set of cams for your BPT but I guess you went with Corksport. You would of saved 200+ US dollars plus gained more power. A buddy of mine with his 323 turbocharged BP produced around 226whp and 202lb-ft with only 9-9.5psi of boost, he gained 28whp with the cams/cam gears only.
    Here in the near future I would like to swap my cams. How can I get a hold of a set of these bad boys?
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Project323
      Yeah, I have the CS performance cams, both the intake and exhaust cams. I have not yet picked up a set of gears though.

What turbo and boost controller did you friend have?
      He used a 90 MX6 GT turbo, I think it's called a VJ11 on his BP.
      92 323 with BP DOHC
      ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
        Here in the near future I would like to swap my cams. How can I get a hold of a set of these bad boys?
        I can regrind your stock BP cams so contact me.
        92 323 with BP DOHC
        ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

im running a stock gtx everything but the VAM oin my car @15psi. but i have yet to dyno it so i can't tell you whats up. tho wouldn't you notice on your boost gauge acting up before you dyno'd that the boost leak was accuring?

NEUMAN

Comment

Originally posted by mike323
            I can regrind your stock BP cams so contact me.
            How much? And how long would it take?
            Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Don't whore up the thread please. If you're interested in the cams, contact Mike via the PM system to clear up the details!

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
              How much? And how long would it take?
              -------------------------
              '91 LX
              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
              -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Working...
              X