which is better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which is better

ok i have a 98 protege lx with the z5 abd my brother is willing to give me his kia with the bp in it he said the car was like a 97 or 98 but i read the engine code it is a bp that means it will work in my car right so does that mean the gtx intake manifold and turbo will bolt up to it and will it hold the power if not then im jus gonna go ahead and get the whole gtx engine but i think this would be easier

I do not think GTX manifold will bolt up directly to the KIA block, so you might have to go custom there. But I do not think you need to get the entire new engine... you already have the BP from KIA, swap that into the Protege and go from there. Either way you go about this, you will run into the same amount of problems. Thats is why in one of your later posts someone posted a link to a search button, so you can se if this question has been asked and answered before.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Semi-Related question...there is a BP in Kias as well? what model? I'm considering a swap in the future sometime, just want to get my facts strait. are there any mechanical differences between the Kia and Mazda BP, or anything that would cause the swap to be different than the Mazda would be, and lastly are there any other motors that would fit in the pro easily(well, relatively, i can tell its really damn tight =P)

Mods:
      JDM Headlights + Corners
      JDM Tailights
      1st Gen LX Black Wheels
      Shaved Side Mouldings
      Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
      Cone Filter
      KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
      E-Bay front strut bar
      Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
      40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
      and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

Originally posted by JZProwler
        Semi-Related question...there is a BP in Kias as well? what model? I'm considering a swap in the future sometime, just want to get my facts strait. are there any mechanical differences between the Kia and Mazda BP, or anything that would cause the swap to be different than the Mazda would be, and lastly are there any other motors that would fit in the pro easily(well, relatively, i can tell its really damn tight =P)
        Yes, some KIAs do have BP motors in them. A while back, KIA used Mazda engines in their cars, I am not sure what years, but I you can safely assume from the same years the engine was in production, so sometime before 00-01 model years. But I am not 100% sure. As far as fitting in, yeah, its a pain in the ass, but it does fit.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Well OCD-Speed attempted this and it worked for him I believe. Hm.. I think it was OCD-Speed. Either way its been done. OCD dropped his Kia BP and even turbocharged it. So if yall still have questions talk to OCD.
          Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Working...
          X