I need some help fast!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help fast!!

well my poor car is at it again cylinder 4 has always missfired at idle and it runs horrible at idle but now it seems to have gottin worse. when im sitting at a redlight my RPM just goes from 1 grand to 0 but doesint die it shakes alot and feels like it but it doesint then the light will turn green and i will give it gas and the car will shake really bad and the car wont accelerate it feels like and my RPM is just flopping up and down then it will shift and be good for alittle while then when im doing 45 mph the car will just shake really bad again and has this weird jerking motion it feels like then when i got home i pulled up into the driveway and my car died then i starte dit back up put it back into drive and it died again....then i jsut went out there and it seems to be running alittle bit better at idle and wont die atleast for the time i last ran it it didint. what could be causing this? could it be that cylinder 4 missfireing while driving it aswell or could it maybe be my o2 sensor? this really sucks guys! any help would be much appreaciated
    Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 12-09-2004, 12:10 AM.

read this:

then this:

Then go do a compression test, and post your results.

Comment

sparkplug/wire maybe
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Your gonna have to get under there and check everything out.
        That's the only way to find out.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeh i ended up having to do that........i checked everything i could and the only thing that i could find out is what i already know........i had a tune-up done and they only replaced 3 sparkplugs because the 4th one was sezied (SP?) in there and if they toke it out it would have broken in half and fell into the engine thus causing them to take it all apart and making me pay alot more.......so its that 4th cylinder thats making my car run ****ty. tho it hasint been doing it as much lately.

Comment

Working...
          X