No announcement yet.

Dohc 97 Dx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, I guess I spoke too soon....I did the free version of the carfax report and was very very disappointed....it said the car has a 1.5, and also that the title has been transferred 21 TIMES!! I knew there would be a few extra transfers cause I bought it from a dealer that got it from an auction (it was repo'd) (found that out after of course) the Dealer lied to me and told me it was the 1.8L and after closer inspection, that emmissions sticker looked kinda fishy so I pulled at the corner and sure enough, there was one for a 1.5 underneath it...now I'm full of doubts about this car......
    Please sponsor me for the American diabetes association Tour de Cure.
    http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=...383&px=3361088
    together, we can find a cure for Diabetes!!!!

Comment

How long have you had this car??
      There may be a chance you can take legal action against this guy.
      Was it a used car dealer or was it the used lot of a new car dealership??
      I"d definitely try and **** this guy good for scamming me if I were you.
      Misrepresentation.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

it was a regular used car dealer....I found the car online...I live in Michigan, the car was in Florida. My bro was driving my grandparents down to their place down there and wanted to drive something back. I didn't see the car, just pics, til it was paid for and he had driven it all the way up here. He picked it up for me december 15th. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer was just stupid and the previous owner had done the sticker thing. there were other things done to the car such as one of those big loud dual outlet mufflers and 15 inch wheels and at one point I'm guessing it had a CAI on it judging by how the stock intake was put back together. I don't know if there's anything I can do....I guess I should have questioned the fact that some of the paperwork said the car was blue and the rest said it was green (it is in fact green) I was soo happy with this car til I figured this out....now with all the crap everyone is saying about the Z5.....

Comment

sndcastle7,

all is not lost....you could do what other 2nd gen owners are doing or are trying to do....swap a BP and i bet that that would put a smile on your face again.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
          Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Sandcastle7 you should definetly take some kind of legal action against the dealership. Being promised a BP and given a Z5 is a big difference. How much did you pay for the car if you don't mind me asking?
            ED
            '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
            Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
            WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Originally posted by loganss
              Sandcastle7 you should definetly take some kind of legal action against the dealership. Being promised a BP and given a Z5 is a big difference. How much did you pay for the car if you don't mind me asking?
              well, including the $100 dealer fee that I guess is a pretty standard thing in Florida, my brother swiped his debit card for $2598.00 (I'm giving him $300 a month and half my tax return til I pay him off) it had 97,000 miles on it. it's in great shape really, and clean, except for a spot on the roof where the paint is just starting to peel. This is my first Mazda, and I am certainly happy with it regardless of the fact it's got the Z5. it may not be as fast as the Chevelle I used to have, but it is by no means slow. and it's one hell of a step up from the 91 Geo Metro LSI I just gave to my other brother. I guess I'll use this as a learning experience....although I know better than to send someone else to pick up a car for me....

Comment

Working...
              X