Argh!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh!!!!

Out of the numerous problems i have with my protege the one that bugs me the most is when i travel more then 7 miles when i get out of the car i take a wiff of the air and it smells like something is burning bad......and to top that off theres a puff of smoke coming out everywhere.........the furthur i go the worse it gets im just using today as an example tho..........i hopped on the freeway and it does good, the gauge reads normal drives good.....but baaam i get off and im at the light and i just see smoke everywhere and start to smell it to.......i get to where i need to be and i pop the hood and again smoke and burning smell

need new water pump
    new thermo?

lemme know!

you're gonna really have to try to describe the smell... and exactly when it happens

Comment

if it's blue smoke, you're burning oil. which is not good.
      Almost there

jdm tails... check
      jdm bumper... check
      ms lip... check
      ms grill... check
      ms sideskirts... check
      ms rear skirts... check
      ms spoiler... check
      ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
      Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

i dunno how to explain the smell its just a really bad burning smell, as for the color of the smoke its white smoke. but i do know i leak oil, last night after i posted this i parked my car in my roomates spot and see how much it actually leaked and it was alot there was about 1 good size puddle of oil ) it leaks on the left side of the valve cover right ontop of the alternator belt. it leaks oil and starts to smell bad if i start it up and drive 1 mile so it might be that. but it smokes when you go alittle bit farther, it was smoking hella bad yesterdat when i drove 7 miles on the freeway.......

Comment

hmm. sounds like you need to change your vavle cover gasket

Comment

yeh thats what im gonan try and do

btw how the **** do the plug wires go? some asshole thought it would be funny to take them off distributer while my hood was up and now i dunno how to hook them up!!! plase help!!

Comment

i believe the first 2 spark plug wires that are on the plugs are marked with red tape and the other 2 (3 and 4) with white tape what does that mean? please help i gotta go to work and im pretty much screwed untill i hook the plug wires back up

Comment

wooot wooot i fixed it ..........anayways back to the topic so its my valve cover gasket?

Comment

Hrm its only the valve cover gasket? Your lucky Last time I saw white smoke it was my head gasket and that was a pain in the ass.
                  Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

I wouldint doubt it if it wasint my head gasket i took it to a shop when i first got it to stop the oil leak and stop the squeeking belt........belt didint squeek for about 1 month also the oil leaked stopped seems like right after the warrenty was up belt started to squeek and oil leak came back so i coulditn take it back also they charged me 700 buxs i didint care how much ebcause it is my only form of transportation and i want it running good......so yeh ill check it tomorrow.......was gonna do it tonight but one of my asshole friends thought it would be funny to disconnect my plug wires from the distributor and it being dark out and i had to get to work it was veyr hard so yeh ill check it out tomorrow......hopefully *prays to god* thats its just my valve cover gasket and not my head gasket or soemthign much worse

Comment

i too, have a smell coming from my exhaust...but i cant smell it, only cars tailing me can, or if i sniff the exhaust while idling(i did it to see if there was a smell or if my friends were BSing me) the odd thing is there is no smoke. could it be the cat going?

Mods:
                      JDM Headlights + Corners
                      JDM Tailights
                      1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                      Shaved Side Mouldings
                      Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                      Cone Filter
                      KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                      E-Bay front strut bar
                      Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                      40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                      and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'