Another Intake Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Intake Q

just got an intake from my buddy for 10 bux and it surprisingly has the same bends as the stock one so it pretty much works on my car but just hits the battery alittle only prob is that it was for a early 90's civic hatch and so i does not have a vacume line hole in it, it is just a pipe, my Q is how the hell do i make it so i can get my vacume line on there? because the other hose goes to my valve cover but i can just take that off and get a air brather filter for it but i got a pretty good size vacume hose that goes to my intake also, which im sure you all know what im talking about.

someone said go to a a muffler shop and have them rig it up so i can get it on there but would a muffler shop do it? any help would be appraciated

i am pretty sure they will.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

go to home depot. get some rubber grommets(SP?) and an the correct size vinyl barb.
      Almost there

jdm tails... check
      jdm bumper... check
      ms lip... check
      ms grill... check
      ms sideskirts... check
      ms rear skirts... check
      ms spoiler... check
      ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
      Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

ok cool ill go to home depot later today, im also gonna go to a muffler shop and see if they can do it but i rather do it myself

and btw whats the vinyl barb for?

Comment

thats very true. you can go to home depot and go to the plumbing department and they have both plastic and copper threaded inlet tubings. i am sure you can drill a hole on your intake and just force it in there.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
          Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

beetle, exactly. just drill a hole, insert the grommet to insure a tight sealed fit, and insert the barb(vinyl or copper). the barb is to hold the hose on there.
            Almost there

jdm tails... check
            jdm bumper... check
            ms lip... check
            ms grill... check
            ms sideskirts... check
            ms rear skirts... check
            ms spoiler... check
            ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
            Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

ok cool, thanx 95pro and beetle

ill post up soem pic when i get done with it

Comment

Working...
              X