Standalone options??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standalone options??

I just inherited a pretty interesting car, it's a 95 323 hatch,, i don't know if you know the one,,rare model only for sale for 5 months here in canada.. Anyways, the last owner dropped a GT-R motor in it. He also used the GT-R harness. Anyways, most of the wiring is complete, however, im going to be going higher boost and want to upgrade the computer and injectors, i'm pretty unknoledged with the car, I'm an RX-7 guy and could use some help. Let me know. thanks
    95 neo w/ gtr motor
    FMIC, Turbosmart e-boost
    12.97@115 on street tires
    My vBgarage

toronto eh... i'd like to SEE this car!

what would you like to know?
    you might have to do some back tracking on the mods already done to the car though, to see what fuel pump is in there, and if everything on the GTR motor is infact OEM, or if the previous owner changed things on it

Comment

Ive just finished a front mount setup, all parts and sensors are factory, the fuel pump is out of a 3rd gen Rx-7 255lph, full exhaust, any other options besides haltech?
      95 neo w/ gtr motor
      FMIC, Turbosmart e-boost
      12.97@115 on street tires
      My vBgarage

Comment

if you didnt want something as expensive, or as complicated as a full standalone, there's the greddy emanage which has great reviews

there is not as much tuning power as a full standalone, but it depends on how precise you want to be, and how much money you want to spend

Comment

how much boost do you think you need to run?
          if you're using the gtr oem computer you have maps to 18psi.... that's a lot of hp and torque.

if you want more than that you are gonna spend money on injectors and a standalone. There are a lot of options - Haltech, Autronic, Motec, Microtech, AEM, jeez there's about a million different ems producers out there. I personally have the new Microtech LT10s.

None of these will manage your engine as well as the oem computer so I would suggest that you set your boost controller for 18psi first and see if it's what you're after before throwing money at a project that could be a waste of time....Don't forget the cost of dyno time with a standalone.

Comment

Working...
          X