Performance Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tawd
    The one I have really works. I didn't get it from Ebay though. It's an actual module, not a cheap knock off, or some copy of an ecu code. If you do get one of the Ebay one's at least get one that has a company name.

I paid $40 for mine and it remaps the air temp, timing, air/fuel ratio for performance. When installed right (you have to disconnect your battery for 15 minutes and reset the car's ecu) you easily feel about a 20 horsepower gain. The only thing is you have to run premium gas. I love the thing, I think everyone should have them. I was reading up on other modules by Venom and what not, and they want $400 for something that does the same thing.

With this and other mods, my Z5 is about 155 horse. I almost beat my friends Stock Sentra Spec V the other day, and he's at 180 horse. He's running a 2.5 liter engine compared to my measly 1.5. I don't know, but I thought it was cool.
    Seems like deja vu all over again. Hope springs eternal.

Tawd, you really have to learn the First Law of Forumdynamics.

Now you say that "you easily feel about a 20 horsepower gain." If you expect us to believe that, could you post the SAE net BuHP that you sensed? Thank you.

Happy Motoring!
    Last edited by goldstar; 05-27-2005, 11:17 PM.
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I don't live by the law of forum dyanamics.

Have you yourself ever used one?

Comment

I have a piggybacked Velocity performance module.
        I'm talking about the ones you wire inline with your Intake air temp.
        HOw exactly is that a "piggybacked" system??

I paid $40 for mine and it remaps the air temp, timing, air/fuel ratio for performance. When installed right (you have to disconnect your battery for 15 minutes and reset the car's ecu)
        How the **** does something that you wire inline with you Intake Air Temp sensor remap the air temperature for one thing, and the timing, and A/F ratio for another??

you easily feel about a 20 horsepower gain. The only thing is you have to run premium gas. I love the thing, I think everyone should have them. I was reading up on other modules by Venom and what not, and they want $400 for something that does the same thing.
        How much gain did this company advertise? Did they say:" You will feel about 20 more HP"?

With this and other mods, my Z5 is about 155 horse.
        List your mods, and post a working link to the website, not ebay, where you bought this piece of mother****ing crap, and dyno sheets ASAP or we will continue to make fun of you for being stupid.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I can live with that. It doesn't bother me one bit. I can tell you I have a lot more than pretty clear lenses.

Comment

Such as.................
            Everyone is waiting in anticipation.
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

$5 says my car is Fa5t4r!

Comment

i have one and it is worth that $25 make a good increase for the 1.5
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2351990

Comment

Working...
                X