No announcement yet.

Remove the Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loganss I was just wondering because i remember i removed a chip in a honda n i went all the way to 140 no problem....i want to do the same with my pro....but if yours tops off at 115 mph and pigeon pushin 185 kms there's still hope n Lelia u doubt to damn much....
    Chillac has been there... I think

Comment

Originally posted by Chillac
      loganss I was just wondering because i remember i removed a chip in a honda n i went all the way to 140 no problem....i want to do the same with my pro....but if yours tops off at 115 mph and pigeon pushin 185 kms there's still hope n Lelia u doubt to damn much....
      there's no magic chip, trust me. a BP powered 2nd gen will hit 130 (indicated), thats about the limit there, a Z5 isn't going to hit that.

Comment

i never said there was a "magic chip", just kno that all cars have a chip in its computer that doesnt allow the car to go the amount on the dash....i wanted to kno if anyone ever done that.
        Chillac has been there... I think

Comment

man my top speed down a mile long slope was 120 and on the flats it struggles to get to 115...i am not saying it isn't possible to get the poor eco engine over that...just wouldn't be much...sure as **** wouldn't be 140...at least not unless you had an hour....but good luck with it.
          proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

ya, mine was at 185 kms, which is around 117 miles...
            i think it coulda went to 125 or more... but remember my rims overall diameter at the time was smaller at the time so the speedo was reporting a faster speed than the actual speed

so i think i'd be exactly where prototender is... 115 on flat ground..maxed out
            it wasnt a chip that was holding the car back... it was.. the car

Comment

Originally posted by Chillac
              i never said there was a "magic chip", just kno that all cars have a chip in its computer that doesnt allow the car to go the amount on the dash....i wanted to kno if anyone ever done that.
              well, you "know" wrong.

take, for example, a C5 corvette Z06, a car that is DRAG LIMITED, this means that the top speed is dictated by horsepower and aerodynamics, not electronics.

Comment

I've had my Z5 up to about 123ish on night....had room to go if it had the power...but it obviously doesnt(and that was downhill). my wheel/tire combo is only slightly bigger it's only off a slight percentage too

Mods:
                JDM Headlights + Corners
                JDM Tailights
                1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                Shaved Side Mouldings
                Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                Cone Filter
                KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                E-Bay front strut bar
                Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

The fastest I've ever had my car was up to 120 mphs. And once the z5 hits 100, it takes forever to get up that fast. I mean you have to hold the pedal to the floor just to climb. I'm sure a few exhaust upgrades may help out but just barely. You won't hit past 125 if that. 140 mphs? Forget it bro. We don't create enough power to go that fast. And even if you did somehow reach up past 125, there's a chance that the Z5 won't be able to sustain it and possibly blow a motor?
                  Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

All this talk about governors, speed limiters, magic chips, and top speeds of much less than 150mph. But I still can remember all the retards that brag about getting Z rated tires on their cars because Y0 I C4N GO MAD FASTAR IF I GOT5 D4 Z RATED TYR3S DAWG!!! I D0N'T HAVE T4 WORRY AB0UT TIRE BLOWS OUTZ WHEN I B3 DOIN 160 MPH!!!!!
                    FO SHIZZLE
                    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by loganss View Post
                      Chillac I really don't think the time to remove the chip/govenor/ fuel cut work around is worth it for the z5.

My car tops at 115 mph. Just curious why you need it to top out any higher than that??
                      How? I have a 98' LX and my car won't do above 105, the RPMS stop at about 4000 or so. *AT
                      Last edited by 98'SloPro; 07-26-2007, 05:23 PM.

Comment

by right, the 2nd gens has speed limiter to 180kmh. mine was B6 NA engine, similiar like the philipines spec. I could do only 180kmh tops and it stays there no matter what. of course the jap spec has limiter in regardless what motor u have. U need to install a speed delimiter like wat i did b4 and tops at abt 210kmh with exhaust, CAI, heavy duty clutch set, ported and polish BP head and BP fuel pump. Send it for engine tuning and off i go. Estimating at abt 100 to 110whp I'm just sharing info with all of u.
                        Last edited by Loque1909; 07-26-2007, 08:28 PM.

Comment

first gens are drag limitied or rpm limited depending on how much power you get.

Comment

my 96 wouldn't do much at around 100 mph on a slight up hill, on the freeway it would hit 100 easy but i didn't want to get pulled over. because the air is already moving with the vichele the motor can move you faster more easly, but the z5 is limited on power (90-95) and the cars areodynamics aren't the best. the gauge says 140 but like everyone saying, i doubt 130 would even be that good, maybe ricardos turbo, but not a stock z5.
                            sigpic
                            96 protege dx - gone :'(
                            94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
                            02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
                            95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
                            I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
                            Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
                            Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
                            Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

Originally posted by Chillac View Post
                              The Protege has a far superior governer than any chip, it's called the Z5.
                              If you want to go 220kmph, you might want to look into removing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X