Throwout Bearing Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throwout Bearing Bad?

Ok, I've gotten my car back together and running, and it was working great, my CEL went off, that clicking i mentioned in my other post went away, and i thought all was good. Today i went to drive my car, and as i press in the clutch, i hear sort of a popping noice, like something in the tranny/clutch was stuck on something lightly and slipped past, and as i started my car, the CEL came back on, and the clicking came back. Also, that popping doesnt happen all the time, but i can clearly hear things in motion in the tranny(while the car is off, and just pressing the clutch) that i never heard in the past. Is this a sign of the throwout bearing or pressure plate going?

Mods:
    JDM Headlights + Corners
    JDM Tailights
    1st Gen LX Black Wheels
    Shaved Side Mouldings
    Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
    Cone Filter
    KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
    E-Bay front strut bar
    Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
    40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
    and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Ok, drove my car to get the rear window re-tinted this morning ( it was awful looking, doing it for free) and my CEL went back off, but the noise pertained in the tranny, along with the clicking i described. I called my friends shop for an estimate, because im not about to do a clutch myself, if it is that. and im still waiting on the call back. Can anyone tell me if this is my clutch or anything to do with? I know i need a new clutch soon...but if this isnt my current problem i'd prefer not to spend my money on it right now.
    Also, i saw that an exedy clutch would be a good buy for the 1.5 . is this true? is it just an oem replacement or is it an upgrade of even minimal amounts. I googled and found a few places that sell it, but everyone has two different kits. both say protege 200mm disc and 20 splines, but one is about $25 more than the other.I2030-104090 is the cheaper one and I2030-71336 is the more expensive.
    Anyone, if you can give any input, it would be greatly appreciated

Mods:
    JDM Headlights + Corners
    JDM Tailights
    1st Gen LX Black Wheels
    Shaved Side Mouldings
    Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
    Cone Filter
    KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
    E-Bay front strut bar
    Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
    40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear